Job Title: Transaction Manager, Senor Surveyor
The EMEA Transaction Management team is responsible for developing property strategy and overseeing the execution of transactions across EMEA for either one large, dedicated client or a number of clients with smaller transaction requirements. Each Transaction Manager’s role will vary depending on whether it is based on a dedicated client account or a varied portfolio, the level of seniority required will vary dependent on the needs of the client but will follow those set out in the competency matrix. Individual annual or specific project objectives are clearly set out for each client.
• Using a range of financial models and critical date information develop a portfolio analysis that will identify opportunities and risks. Provide advice to the client and their options and how best to achieve their objectives. Working with CBRE and the client’s approval process and implement the agreed transaction strategies
• Project initiation and business case development
• Coordination of field resources and other stakeholders in the execution of lease renewals, new site acquisitions, disposal of surplus space by way of assignment, subletting, surrender or sale in the case of owned assets
• Maintain strong relationships with Alliance Directors/Account Leads, field brokers and internal CBRE teams to facilitate transactions and up/cross selling of other CBRE services
• Collation of comparable evidence, preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), letters of intent, and broker's opinions of value
• Develop and enhancing client relationships by the achievement of client’s Key Performance Indictors (KPIs), regular client meetings, use of market knowledge / best practice sharing, and demonstrating value add ( using various measures including fee to value ratios).
• Operate within CBRE’s and the client’s behavioural and procedural guidelines, including the use of systems e.g. OPUS.
• Technical & Operational - Manages complex/high volume workload independently, knows when to seek input and advice, is able to carry out complex/non-standard tasks based on advice provided; proactively manages relationships with a range of third parties, anticipates and resolves issues, provides technical support and advice to junior staff members
• Client & Commercial Knowledge - Effectively delivers a complex range of tasks for the client, effectively manages client expectations, has a good understanding of the contractual relationship, proactively identifies opportunities and risks for the client and develops recommendations to address, identifies value-add and cross-selling opportunities to the benefit of both Client and CBRE
• Company Knowledge - Demonstrates a detailed understanding of TAP division and those teams most closely associated with TAP operations (ASUK, Rating, Consulting etc) with solid knowledge of wider business and global network in order to cross sell to clients; internal and external networking is focused on individual needs
• Business Development - Identifies additional cross selling revenue by exploring client needs. May have individual revenue growth targets; understands the business development process and develops ideas and relationships that may result in sales in either their own or another area of the business
• Reputation & Profile - Maintains reputation through the delivery of self-managed high standards of work; provides technical support and advice to more junior staff, proactively seeks guidance and drives personal development of soft skills; seeks feedback to support own capabilities
• Collaboration - Proactively shares information to benefit the business within the context of client confidentiality. Ensures that recognition is given to the right people; develops the team’s ability to network through creating opportunities to work with other teams and by sharing own network
• Management, Leadership & Development - Contributes to the development of more junior members of the team through role modelling behaviour and feedback and providing support as required, proactively works with their manager to create a medium-term career plan; takes responsibility for seeking out development opportunities
• Business Planning - Contributes to local area / client strategies and plans, proactively initiates plans for value-add opportunities for both client and CBRE and works with line Manager and others to gain agreement to and implement them. Participates in processes to identify best practice and other opportunities to improve the revenue and reduce the operational cost of the account.
• Business Management - Reviews the effectiveness of business processes and systems - reports back to senior team members; delegates to others to drive efficiencies; contributes to resource planning discussions for their local service line / client
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.