CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Technical Supervisor to join the team located in Cambridge. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to/manage day to day operation of your direct reporting team carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive works to all Building Services Systems. They will also be providing relevant escalation from operational team on matters requiring senior managers/client attention.
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance & Reactive maintenance is carried out to all client assets through operation of Planned Preventative Maintenance System
- Ensure team members are always up to date with all Biological Barrier protocols of the site and comply with these
- Ensure that accurate and comprehensive records are kept pertaining to Health & Safety, Building Compliance and Quality Assurance including the provision of a Safe & Healthy working environment
- Ensure that sub-contractors perform to meet the requirement of the contract. Administer sub-contractor work approvals and safe operation while repair or service is carried out on site
- Operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with CBRE Quality, Health & Safety procedures, and client requirements (or approved client system)
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are always swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order
- Carry out routine quality checks on workforce activities, record keeping and general housekeeping
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant
- Overview the buildings environmental conditions using the BMS System and utilise same to maintain acceptable internal conditions
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are completed in the form of job sheets
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, reviewed, and utilised for all tasks (PPM’s and reactive) carried out to ensure safe working practices
- Maintain & develop good client relationships ensuring a professional image of CBRE is presented to clients and visitors
- Undertake other tasks as defined and requested by local management
- Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate, including the utilisation of the engineers to ensure the task is suitably completed
- Undertake annual appraisals of your direct reporting team once you have completed the CBRE Appraisal and Development training course
- Ensure your direct reporting team are suitably skilled and trained, and appropriate training plans are drafted and implemented
- Ensure engineers are undertaking work tasks as directed and with suitable H&S awareness/implementation
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI’s/SLA’s
- Ensure the Computer Based Maintenance system, e.g. Maximo, Concept, etc is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
- Any other task as directed by the account management team
- A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematical skills
- Formally trained in Mechanical/Electrical/Refrigeration Building Services maintenance, at apprentice level
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification, such as IOSH
- Experience of maintaining tight humidity & temperature control conditioned environments with general all-round knowledge of Heating & Ventilation/Air Conditioning and building support systems and their methods of control
- Minimum of 2 years previous technical supervisory experience; HV Experience/Qualified
- Experience of working in a scientific environment, ideally with Animal House experience
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure and make sound decisions when needed
- Physically fit with ability to ascend and descend vertical access equip and work at heights and on roofs
- A team player, able to work with CBRE and client’s staff
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.