CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Technical Specialist Engineer (Medical Gases) to join the team located in Cambridge. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works on Mechanical/HVAC systems as well as being available to carry out other tasks in line with the contract’s needs.
• Fault finds on Mechanical/HVAC systems
• Ensure adequate supplies of critical spares/consumable stock are maintained to facilitate a first-time fix on all Mechanical/HVAC equipment
• Ensure that routine PPMs are carried out on all assets in accordance with site task schedules and asset lists
• Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made - these reactive calls will also include other trades and areas of engineering
• Ensure that plant faults and defects are always swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order
• Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is updated on plan on
• Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared and always used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices
• Develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff, subcontractors, and the client representatives
• Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment; to include always wearing of uniform and PPE
• Ensure that accurate digital records are maintained to allow trend analysis and up to date records are always kept
• Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of CBRE are always locked and are kept in a clean and tidy condition
• Supervise and monitor of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance
• Undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training
• Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate
• Ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation
• Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's
• Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system plan on is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured
• Operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with client/CBRE Quality, Health & Safety procedures, and client requirements (or approved client system)
• Any other task as directed by the account management team
• A good education is essential, with good written and spoken English, Maths, and IT skills
• Formally trained/apprenticeship as a Mechanical Engineer (City & Guilds Qualification)
• NVQ Level 3 in Plumbing/Heating or equivalent
• A recognised Health and Safety Qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH preferred)
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in building services and in fault finding with various systems (mechanical & Electrical)
• Strong problem-solving skills, technically adept and analytical
• Good verbal and written communication skills and must be able to read and work to mechanical and electrical schematic drawings
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of BMS and control theory; demonstrate knowledge of L8 Compliance
• Good all-round knowledge of general building services, diagnostic and repair procedures
• Must be willing to provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.