CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Technical Planner (Permit to Work Coordinator) to join the team located in Cambridge. The successful candidate will be liaising with third party contractors (TPC) and the engineering team to schedule visits, collate and review all relevant admin to prepare permits and job packs for works in accordance with company and client policies and procedures.
• Liaise with engineering team and ensure scheduling of third-party contractor visits in accordance with the maintenance planner
• Ensure third party contractors are approved on company My Supplier system and that competencies are adequate
• Responsible for ensuring site inductions are conducted for all visiting third party contractors
• Request and review relevant RAMS in a timely manner before scheduled site visit
• Validate all necessary information is provided for permits
• Issue, monitor and sign off closure of permits to work in accordance with site procedure
• Collate third party contractor job/permit packs in preparation for works to be carried out
• Liaise with relevant authorised personnel to organise supplementary permits and isolation certificates (electrical, pressure systems, confined space etc.) in preparation for works
• Support site leadership team with delegated tasks
• Audit LOTO system and procedures to ensure compliance
• Audit any permits issued to reinforce standards and compliance
• Provide feedback to EHS on permit issuing and safety improvements and attend safety meetings when required
• Good all-round knowledge of building services and health & safety within a critical pharmaceutical environment
• A good education is essential, with good written and spoken English
• Formally trained in an electrical or mechanical discipline; recognised Health and Safety qualification (such as IOSH or NEBOSH)
• Experience within pharmaceutical R&D industry
• Experience of permit to work systems
• Good all-round technical knowledge of building services and relevant processes
• Experience within similar PTW coordinator and/or TPC liaising role
• Strong knowledge of computerised systems
• Client facing and articulate with the ability to own, manage, and ensure compliance with company and client procedures and processes
• Client focused, with an ability to matters of highest reward
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Calm manner, able to work under pressure; able to make sound decisions
• A team player, able to work with CBRE/client’s representatives
• Must be willing to be flexible with work patterns to accommodate work requirement
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.