London , United Kingdom
Date published: 22-Mar-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Provide customers with support based on the customer’s technical problems related to their building systems as well as provide on-site and remote technical support to installers, and subcontractors. Responsible for creating control databases and setup control systems based on project specification and/or sales proposal. May be required to perform field start-up and system commissioning tasks.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading a team creating a culture of inclusion, ethics and hard work.
- Facilitates in implementing processes and guidelines within the team.
- Oversees Day to Day team performance and operations.
- Performs programming of control applications using various software tools to support operator workstations, DDC field panels and third-party integration devices connected through multiple communications protocols.
- May be required to perform job-site system checkout, commissioning and testing of control applications, to verify proper operation according to project specifications, sales proposal and design documentation.
- Develop system graphic displays, according to project specifications or sales proposal.
- Provides remote technical support to installers and customers. May be asked to provide on-site technical support to installers and customers.
- Performs system analysis and diagnostics. Isolate and troubleshoot problems, take corrective action if possible.
- Answer customer’s calls by telephone and/or email to determine the nature of the problem and responds to each situation by assessing customer’s needs and provide clear and accurate responses to customer.
- Articulates resolution to a customer’s problem clearly both in verbal and written communication. The resolutions must be explained to the customer in a format that is understandable to the customer. Facilitates resolutions that are in the best interest of the customer and ESI.
- Isolate and troubleshoot problems, take corrective action if possible.
- Document problem and resolution and report findings back to Account Executive for customer follow-up.
- If required, re-create customer problem in-house for the purpose of testing solutions.
- Prepare accurate paperwork.
- Responsible for keeping the customer and ESI management advised of any outstanding and reoccurring problems with products, services, or customers.
- Communicates regularly suggested improvements to the various communications and interactions with ESI, by the customer.
- Part of an on-call rotation for after hour’s response to customer’s.
- Required – Associate Degree in HVAC, Electrical or Mechanical, minimum three years industry experience, or minimum one year experience as a Systems Support Representative with Environmental Systems.
- Preferred – Bachelor’s Degree in HVAC, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Preferred – Minimum three year work history in HVAC or similar industry.
- Experience with control and HVAC systems and their terminology.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the use, setup and operation of Windows-based computers and desktop applications such as MS-Word and MS-Excel.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must exhibit a professional attitude
- Must maintain a clean and neat appearance
- Must be flexible with schedule, including working some nights and holidays when requested.
- Must be willing to travel including some overnights.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record for applicable vehicles, without restrictions, or limiting conditions. (Corrective lenses permitted)