To assist a busy specialist team in providing lease consultancy advice, particularly rent reviews and lease renewals, to a broad range of clients on a wide ranging portfolio of work across the south and south east.
- To support Directors and other team members in reporting to clients, negotiating rent reviews, lease renewals and lease re-gears with a view to taking on more responsibility with increased experience
- To support an expanding team in its business development objectives and continued growth in revenue
- To work closely with the team and clients to ensure consistent highest quality advice
- To integrate fully in the wider CBRE network and other business lines.
- Reading and summarising leases
- Inspecting and measuring premises
- Collating comparable evidence
- Preparation of lease renewal and rent review pre negotiation reports for clients
- Negotiating with landlords and their agents
- Preparation of settlement reports for clients
- Preparation of Heads of Terms
- Instructing solicitors through the legal process where necessary
- Preparation of reports for third party referral
- Assisting senior colleagues on instructions as necessary
- Assisting in the preparation of pitches for business development
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Maintains a positive attitude towards routine tasks
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Confident and assertive where required
- Flexible approach to work
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion
- Team player who works effectively with colleagues and clients
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook).
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Newly qualified surveyor or up to 2 years’ PQE
- Would consider a surveyor currently undertaking their APC.
- Landlord & Tenant experience preferable but not essential
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.