Job Title: Surveyor
Role Purpose: The candidate will work within the Corporate Valuation Services team based in London, working on the valuation of UK and European real estate assets for corporate clients.
The role will involve providing real estate valuation advice for a number of leading corporate companies located within the UK and EMEA for a wide range of services including formal accounts, transaction support, asset management initiatives, pension fund transfers and purchase price allocations. This comprises a new role in a small newly-formed team, giving excellent prospects for significant client exposure and career advancement to the right candidate.
- Co-ordination of valuation assignments on a mix of one-off and pan-European instructions working alongside local CBRE offices in the UK and EMEA.
- Reporting to clients by phone, email and in meetings, on all valuation matters, including advice on potential new purchases and the impact on value of prospective asset management initiatives such as sale and leasebacks, lease re-structure, planning and development.
- Report writing, research and analysis, often working under tight timescales.
- Close liaison with clients and local CBRE offices to ensure the timely delivery of valuations for accounting, performance measurement, investor reporting and loan security purpose.
- Co-ordination of large valuation instructions, including liaison with Capital Markets, Development and Professional departments throughout our network
- Client liaison - developing existing and new client relationships
- Close internal liaison with the CBRE Asset & Transactions and Corporate teams.
- Ideally MRICS qualified with 0-3 years’ post qualification experience
- A team player
- Self-motivated while working as part of an energetic and enthusiastic team
- The ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Able to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Maintains a positive attitude towards routine tasks
- Diplomacy in dealing with a range of different offices and cultures
- Willingness to travel
- Candidate must be highly organised and able to meet strict deadlines
- Articulate and attention to detail is essential
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills
- Good knowledge and experience with Argus Capitalisation and Developer software packages which are utilised daily, together with excel spreadsheets.
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to speak Foreign languages is an advantage, but not essential. However, fluency in English is essential
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. We have roughly 100,000 employees worldwide, with over 3,000 of those in the UK alone. The company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management, research and consulting and valuation. In Central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.