Job Title: Geomatics Surveyor – Building Consultancy
This opportunity provides for a post at Graduate Geomatics Surveyor level to work within our expanding Measured Survey Team within Project Management & Building Consultancy.
We undertake land surveys, engineering surveys, area surveys relevant to IPMS and local Codes, 3D laser scanning and measured building surveys. Our survey output is as varied as our external and internal clients; providing professional and project work for a combination of small private investment companies, developers, institutions and corporate clients.
The role is for a forward-thinking and enthusiastic individual with a passion for the built-environment, self-motivated with a talent for verbal and written communication; a good team player, strong work ethic and an attention to detail and accuracy.
The candidate must be working towards, or already have attained, a RICS accredited qualification in Geomatics (or relevant equivalent).
• Assist as part of on-site Team(s) undertaking Measured Surveys
• Utilise / develop working knowledge of Total Station, Terrestrial Laser Scanners, Disto and GPS data-capture equipment.
• Utilise / develop working knowledge of AutoCAD, 3D scan-registration techniques and associated 3D modelling practices.
• Computer literate including Word, Excel and ideally MS Project;
• Assist in compilation of Reports and Drawings for Client delivery from inception to completion, with supervision, to meet the project objectives in accordance with company policies;
• Comply with CBRE’s policies and management system;
• Work in compliance with Quality Management Procedures;
• Manage time between several projects simultaneously.
• Gain an insight and understanding of Building Consultancy and associated services.
• Build and develop Client-facing skills and offer advice on measured survey provision.
• Be expected to undertake projects UK and Europe-wide with overnight stays expected.
• Holder of full UK driving licence preferred, not essential.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Able to work as part of a team, supporting colleagues;
• Present a professional knowledgeable persona and possess business acumen;
• Build, develop and maintain existing business and client relationships;
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met;
• Accurate and excellent attention to detail;
• Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team;
• Flexible approach to work
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.