Sr Finance Manager - Business Partner for PHL
Makati , Philippines
Date published: 18-Jan-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The Finance Business Partner will play a key role collaborating across the GWK & IFM business segments to drive financial growth & support the achievement of strategic objectives.
This will require a high level of commercial thinking, analysis building & collaboration across a matrix organisation to influence strategic decision making.
The accountability of the role will cover the financial performance of the total APAC GWK & OFM businesses totalling revenue ~USD40m & segment operating profit ~USD6m.
The finance business partner will be the single point of contact on all finance business partnering & FP&A issues. This includes but not limited to forecast performance & assumptions accuracy, risk mitigation plans, business case submission, commercial finance analysis & pricing model optimisation.
The business partner will work in close partnership with the controllership team to ensure financial management decisions are aligned to strategic objectives. He/she will have a direct reporting line to the APAC COO Finance Business Partner for GWK & will support the SEA Finance Business Partner for IFM.
- Financial Performance
- Proactive focus to implement productivity improvement initiatives that drives OPEX savings
- Ensure reporting consistency, accuracy and financial integrity of commercial analysis
- Accountable to lead the budgeting process, improve forecasting accuracy, drive financial strategic planning & analysis for both LOBs
- Understand the key financial drivers & accountable to achieve financial targets including SOP, TWC etc in close partnership with the GWK controllership team
- Support & cascade top down finance compliance processes / requirements to business leaders as required
- Support CBRE’s central controllership teams, ensuring compliance processes are followed by dedicated account teams
- Commercial Finance
- Develop & maintain in-depth knowledge of GWK & IFM commercial structure, margin levers & SOP opportunities to achieve YoY growth targets.
- Drive visibility, accountability & ownership of financial objectives ie revenue and profit targets to business partners.
- Accountable to drive insight & action orientated monthly financial business reviews with leadership. Setting out clear expectations of YTD results, commercial drivers, opportunities & risks.
- Support financial acumen across GWK & IFM function leaders to improve forecast accuracy and ownership of targets.
- Drive the financial performance of accounts and manage business overheads in partnership with business leaders.
- Play an active role in pricing and governance of client contracts to maximize shareholder returns and optimize return on investments.
- Key contact point for GWK commercial finance matters from respective account finance leads & other business stakeholders across APAC.
- Forecasting and Planning
- Reviews planning, budgeting and forecasting information focusing on challenging assumptions, ensuring quality and consistency
- Working closely with APAC FP&A teams and Reporting COE to derive insights and develop models
- Lead Financial Review meetings with the Business to identify and investigate risks, issues and opportunities and agree interventions
- Creates scorecards and metrics linked with enterprise strategic objectives utilizing disruptive technology
- Advise senior management on decisions pertaining to improving performance, minimizing risk or capturing new opportunities
- In partnership with the controllers – Focus on development of GWS finance talents to build the right capabilities & attitudes.
- Manage succession planning of GWS finance teams
- Identify current finance development gaps and proactive coaching / team management to bridge these gaps.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across finance teams, GWS business segments, accounts and CBRE platforms.
- Accounting degree or post graduate diploma in accounting
- Qualified accountant and member of recognised accounting organisation preferred.
- Experience with contract management an advantage.
- International/regional/cross-country or multi-cultural experience
- Experience managing a high degree of complexity, bringing together financial, commercial, operational and people considerations, to secure the best outcomes
- Experience in business partnering & ability to influence strategic decisions with financial insights esp with senior management.
- Experience of planning and forecasting financial performance within a matrix organisation structure.
- Experience driving financial performance in a dynamic business environment. Knowledge of Facility Management markets, an advantage.
- Expected 7+ years post qualified with people management experience
- Willing to be assigned at M1 Tower Makati
- Willing to work on any shift depending on business needs
- Self-starter and autonomous mindset
- Strategic thinking
- Deep commercial acumen to deliver better business insight by aligning finance & commercial objectives
- Keen interest on operational matters and ability to bring together operational, contractual & financial matters
- Ability to challenge the status quo & influence with financial insights to build consensus
- Highly interpersonal & demonstrate techniques that facilitate productive discussions with stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a Matrix organization involving many stake holders
- Microsoft Office product literate, excel modelling and data manipulation skills
- Solid understanding of modern Digital & Technology solutions, used to facilitate and enhance business performance (ERP, Reporting tools, Cloud based solutions, etc.)
- Experience of engaging and working remotely