CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Site Lead to join the team located in Furness, Cumbria. The successful candidate will be responsible for holding full accountability for the site operation, service delivery and front facing services at the client facilities.
• Provide leadership, and that contractual commitments are met and exceeded
• Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are exploited, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender
• Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated, and implemented within the contract
• Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both CBRE and subcontractors’ activities, and are regularly review
• Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery
• Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place
• Working with other Operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective teamworking, and support to colleagues
• Development of contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded
• Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met
• Ensure a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts
• Promote and maintain the core values of CBRE
• Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment, and recognition/reward
• Deliver effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate
• Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, hosting visits, and support to mobilisation as required on new contracts
• Provide a learning environment, and appropriate training and development planning Ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and can reach their full future potential
• Level 1 (3+ Years minimum), Level 2 (5-7 Years Minimum), Level 3 (7+ Years Minimum) operations experience of facilities management or service delivery (possible specialist areas such as M&E, catering, security and cleaning)
• Commercial and financial awareness
• People management skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
• Experience of managing contracts, writing and operating to processes and procedures
• Numerate and PC literate
• Customer experience enhancement
• Client relationship building and retention
• Leadership of direct delivery teams (M&E, fabric, and porterage)
• Contractor management of specialist supply partners for cleaning, general and confi waste, Front of House, and pest control
• Championing of best practice, innovation, and forward thinking
• Promotion of blue-chip company ideals and associated customer service behaviours
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.