Purpose of the Job
To carry out planned preventative maintenance, reactive works to building plant, equipment and systems in accordance with agreed service levels, and respond to site engineering emergencies for CBRE at a highly prestigious contract in London.
Undertake small installation works, repairs to building fabric, and handyman duties as necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Engineer will exhibit the following essential technical competencies for the role
- Experience in a similar role.
- Experience in dealing with subcontractors and specialists.
- Engineering qualification in a relevant subject (Electrical/M&E/B&CE), HNC/City & Guilds or equivalent.
- Be holding current relevant qualifications, i.e. Gas Safe, 17th Edition or similar.
- Have served a recognised training or apprenticeship scheme.
- Understands Helpdesk procedures and workflow.
- Experience of maintaining Pumps, Motors and Valves
- Customer focussed approach
- Ability to manage a varied workload and meet contractual KPI’s
The following technical competencies are desirable:
- Previous experience of working in a diverse service delivery team
- Experience in the maintenance of split A/C units.
- Knowledge and experience in the testing of potable water systems.
- Aspirations of progression within the contract and company.
- The ideal Engineer will be an inspirational role model, motivating and empowering the workforce, enthusing people to be more pro-active, deal with people consistently and develop and maintain good working relationships.
- A successful Engineer will gain respect and show respect for others, demonstrate creditability by communicating confidently, clearly and with knowledge, mediate between parties and use questioning and listening to challenge understanding.
- He or she should make balanced, informed decisions taking into account the impact of the decision on other areas. Negotiates best possible outcome.
- The Engineer will challenge existing attitudes and status quo, think beyond the scope of the contract and consider long-term implications, demonstrate understanding of the contract strategy and develop clear operational plans.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
- Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- To undertake the planned and reactive maintenance generated via the helpdesk
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the plant and assets.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept within the CAFM system
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
· A good basic education is essential, with at least GCSE passes in Maths and English.
· Good PC based skills, with experience in Word/Excel and Outlook, Legionella awareness trained.
Experience 3 years’ experience in a similar role.