CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Shift BMS Engineer to join the team located in Kings Cross.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure all environmental conditions are maintained at all times on the BMS system with regard to critical building systems. To identify, investigate/Rectify and know when to escalate any alarm that cannot be cleared through the correct channels.
To assist in Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems within the site (controlling BMS changeovers/isolations). Engineers must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of Building services with an electrical background, which will include the ability to fault find using the production of graphical information and the utilisation of current alarm data.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To deliver the following:
• Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
• Monitor the BMS systems and identify critical alarms that would impact the operation and react accordingly in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
• Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
• To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff, subcontractors and the client representatives.
• Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
• Ensure the professional image of CBRE is presented to clients at all times
• Ensure up to date shift logs are kept at all times
• To arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
• To remain on site until relieved by incoming shift, or as otherwise agreed by the account management team.
• To undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training.
• Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate.
• To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation.
• Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI's/SLA's.
• Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system, e.g. Planon , is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
• To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with CBRE Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
• Any other task as directed by the account management team.
• Accountable to Shift Manager with daytime coordination by the BMS technical systems Engineer.
• The post holder does not have any directly reporting staff
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Good all round knowledge of Building Services, diagnostic and repair procedures, Knowledge of BMS systems and interpretation of alarms.
A good education is essential, with good written and spoken English
Formally trained in electrical/mechanical / BMS Knowledge.
Recognised Health and Safety Qualification, such as IOSH
Experience of BMS systems / operating & monitoring.
Experience of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria.
Good all round knowledge of building services systems, diagnostic and repair procedures
Mechanical maintenance skills
Good verbal communication and written English skills
Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
Logical problem solver
Calm manner, able to work under pressure. Able to make sound decisions.
Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg.
Able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment. Able to work at heights.
A team player, able to work with CBRE/clients representatives.
Must be willing to provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.