CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Job Title: Senior Surveyor – Property Management
About the Team:
CBRE are looking for an exceptional Surveyor to join the Scottish Property Management Team. Based in Glasgow or Edinburgh you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of assets across various clients, both local and national, with a particular focus on offices, mixed-use retail and business parks. It is therefore preferable that you have previous experience in managing grade A offices and have a strong focus on client relationships and customer service.
The Scottish Property Management team are responsible for managing properties across a number of key clients throughout the country including CBRE Global Investors, Frasers Property Group, Sports Direct, Patrizia and Deutsche Asset Management in addition to local based clients.
The team comprises 9 fee earners and has ambitious plans to grow through existing and new clients. The team is friendly, sociable and dynamic and offers several opportunities including:
• Interested and varied work across all asset classes.
• Client facing role with the opportunities to lead client relationships and grow instructions.
• Structured training and career progression
• A strong internal support network.
This role has arisen due to significant business wins which facilitates the need for additional headcount.
- Manage the transition of client/properties in and out of CBRE management
- Responsibility for compliance relating to sites under their control, taking action or escalating any issues relating to non-compliance
- Carry out property inspections
- Responsibility for taking the appropriate action in response to any legal notice received in relation to a managed property
- Attending client meetings, ensure recording of minutes and carrying out of actions arising
- Reading of leases and ensuring accurate data is maintained on the property management system
- Ensure rent demands are raised accurately and on time
- Provide recommendations to clients to recover rent and other sums due under the lease terms
- Ensure client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, subject to approval by line manager
- Work with the on-site facilities teams to review and obtain approval of service charge budgets
- Review service charge cash flows and budgets subject to client requirements
- Approve service charge year end reconciliations in accordance with RICS guidelines / client instruction
- Identify and progress opportunities for cross-selling activities
- Responsibility for arranging and chairing occupier meetings and occupier liaison as required
- Ideally RICS qualified although property management experience is considered more important
- Constantly updating knowledge of legislation relating to property management
- Able to build and maintain client relationships and internal relationships with other service lines
- Use and grow knowledge of law relating to property management in order to make recommendations to the client
- Understand and grow knowledge of the clients’ investment objectives
- Be able to recognise opportunities for selling additional services to clients, including cross-selling
- Able to build and maintain tenant / customer relationships
- Be able to apply legal principles of tenant applications for consent and the processes to be followed
- Apply the principles of service charge management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and procedural requirements including the terms of the lease
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.