CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Senior Software Engineer to join our product delivery and engineering team within GWS EMEA Digital & Technology.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, building, testing, and deploying software products and services for a global real-estate business-line. Working within a talented and successful team of software engineers, architects and analysts, the successful senior software engineer will be responsible for ensuring they deliver best-in-class software products working strictly to the SCRUM agile methodology.
Reporting to the engineering lead, the senior software engineer will be expected to deliver end-to-end solutions, tackle, and solve highly complex problems and where necessary support and lead other members of the team. The senior software engineer will also ensure that all code which has been developed adheres to all corporate coding and cyber security standards.
• Design, document and implement solutions in alignment with the product roadmap; investigate, design, develop and document new solutions as required
• Deliver code based and non-code based technical solutions to solve business problems
• Translate business requirements and roadmaps into tangible technology capabilities
• Review, breakdown and estimate user stories in the backlog
• Conduct technical spikes where necessary to derive solutions to challenging technical solutions
• Work with the team to ensure that the most appropriate technologies are employed across the portfolio
• Architect new solutions ensuring they address all functional and non-functional requirements
• Ensure solutions adhere to the corporate cyber security standards and follow development best practice(s)
• Support others within the team during the development phases
• Ensure solutions meet the core technology principles/standards of the portfolio
• Provide assistance to the business and team during the requirements gathering phases
• Assist with the development and documentation of agreed standards and processes
• Work with the wider technology organisation to establish an exceptional working knowledge of the organisation’s technology platform and capabilities
• Participate and support effective user story development
• University Graduate with a relevant degree within a computational, business or science discipline
• Extremely strong background in software development and software design; full-working knowledge and experience of all core Microsoft development technologies; highly proficient in all MS Office products
• Previous experience working in a senior development or IT/Solutions architect role; proven experience designing highly-complex, interconnected solutions, and services
• Knowledge of the core principles of object-oriented development and coding best practices
• Passionate technologist aware of the latest technology trends; knowledge of mobile, web, database, and reporting technology platforms
• Working experience leading and supporting others; management of project resources and third-party suppliers
• Strong presentation and communication skills with ability to communicate across all levels within the business is essential
• Professional approach & “customer friendly”; enquiring & Self motivated
• Awareness of cyber security standards
• 5+ years working with the following languages: C#, .Net, MVC, HTML/JS, SQL
• Deep understanding of the Microsoft development stack
• 2+ years as a senior engineer or equivalent; 3+ years working within an agile development methodology
• Experience in any Front-End framework like React JS
• Experience delivering commercially successful applications; good working knowledge of mobile application and web development; ability to design effective software with an efficient user experience
• Experience in both internal stakeholder and client facing roles
• Understanding of API Authentication Methods
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.