Senior QHSE Manager- PjM China
Shanghai , Mainland China
Date published: 29-Mar-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is to advise and manage QHSE (Quality, Environmental Health and Safety)
programs relative to the Project Management (PjM) organization, within APAC GWS, Peoples Republic of China (PRC).
The QHSE Manager-PjM PRC, will be responsible to oversee QHSE programmes, initiatives, reporting, monitoring & compliance within the PRC geography. Supporting other nominated countries/clients/accounts & Lines of Business (LOB’s) as directed by the APAC Regional QHSE Mgr- Projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Initiates and works the activities of multiple, major QHSE project operations in the Enterprise, Advisory and Local segments of the PjM line of business.
- Ensures that project efforts, throughout the project management lifecycle are cohesive, consistent, and effective in supporting the global QHSE and Project Management mission, goals, and strategic plan.
- Executes QHSE standards, policies, and operating objectives are consistent with those of the QHSE/PjM organization to ensure efficient and effective implementation of major cross-discipline projects and/or projects tied to strategic priorities.
- Key to success will be using strong leadership, communication, and project management skills to develop the department including establishing robust controls to ensure high quality project delivery.
- Participates in, advises and oversees the implementation, development, and maintenance of individual project objectives and short- and long-range plans; tracks progress and audits programs to assist in the accomplishment of established project goals and objectives until project is complete. Works within project management workstreams and technology
- Manages influentially with Project Managers, Leaders and QHSE Professionals to manage risk and compliance throughout the project lifecycle.
- Monitors, reports and aids in investigation of health and safety and environmental regulatory compliance within the project, report KPI status, or geographical/contractual area of responsibility.
- Timely communicates all findings, concerns and non-conformances to the responsible management team and ensures that issues, concerns and deficiencies are corrected. Develops and implements strategic solutions that will support project managers’ efforts to improve and maintain compliance as required.
- Reviews and oversees all work processes and conditions to ensure HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) protective measures are optimized. Develops, recommend preventative and improvement measures to ensure the enhancement of QHSE programs.
- Manages the working relationships between project managers, QHSE professionals, GWS leadership principle business and operational stakeholders, and high-level external constituencies.
- Support appropriate and effective business communication through leadership, advice, reviews, and direct contribution to meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as necessary and appropriate.
- Support the health, safety and environment aspects of the new business winning process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, bid and contract generation and review through to support during mobilisation and resourcing activities on contracts.
- Consults, coordinates, and serves as principal liaison with project manager leaders on risk management, QHSE procedures and process, knowledgeable understanding of regulatory requirements within region, QHSE improvement, and management.
- Collaborates among peers and QHSE leadership to execute programmatic goals and priorities for business and technology solutions to meet individual component and LOB needs.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to the QHSE strategic directions and plans, and relevant state-of-the-art systems and technology.
- Acts as an HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) SME (Subject Matter Expert). Provides direct and timely counsel and information to management for the account, market area, or geographical region in matters pertaining to QHSE, compliance, trends, performance and concerns.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree required. A minimum of 7 years of related experience (with an HSE degree /certification).
- Knowledge and understanding of the Project Management body of knowledge within GWS.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully direct, coordinate, and strategically integrate multiple developmental, enhancement, and/or modification projects at a regional level.
- Knowledge of current developments and trends in QHSE best practices, project management, and related technology.
- Ability to effectively manage a large, diverse team of technical managerial/supervisory, professional, and support staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of PjM/QHSE organization structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Working knowledge of country, federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is required.
- Experience working in any one or multiples of the following is essential: Project Management & Construction Management (advantageous), chemical processing and refining environments, manufacturing, food processing, pharmaceutical/biotechnology, heavy industry, facility maintenance and management.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents with high level of English competency. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles.
Ability to analyze the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions.