Senior Project Manager, Data Centre Solutions - London or Bristol
To lead delivery of mechanical, electrical, fabric or construction projects from several hundred thousand pounds to multi million pound projects, following the project management process from cradle to grave (meeting with the customer, developing a scope of works, putting together a tender and delivering the projects on site through to handover).
The purpose of the role is to:
• Lead their teams in the safe delivery of projects.
• Have responsibility for generating a sales pipeline to deliver revenue to the BU in line with their individual financial targets.
• Ensure projects are secured and delivered on time and within the financial requirements and margins as specified by the business.
• Take ownership of the full project lifecycle.
• Ensure that all projects adhere and are managed to commercial agreements/contracts. They must comply with statutory regulations, are QHSE compliant and meet technical industry standards.
• Ensure the safe delivery of projects through the management of risk and competence.
• Recruit and retain talent for the present delivery and future growth of projects.
• Provide leadership in identifying and specifying project opportunities.
• Deliver contractual commitments on secured projects.
• Ensure projects are delivered on all maintenance contracts.
• Complete projects on time and on budget and to the satisfaction of all parties.
• Identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
• Maximise profit through cost reductions and better buying of subcontractor services.
• Identify and win project through effective relationships.
• Deliver supportive business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other applications as appropriate.
• Promote and maintain the core values of CBRE.
• Plan and develop long term opportunities by creating a proposal pipeline.
• Develop and manage all bids, tenders and proposals.
• Responsible for generating and securing new sales to exceed the annual financial plan.
• Seek out opportunities to generate projects through innovation and different technologies.
• Lead the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings.
• Develop effective relationships with current and potential customers through demonstrating our capability in project delivery solutions.
• Build strong relationships with supply partners through which we can bring innovation to our customers.
• Ensure effective solutions which meet quality expectations can be delivered to our customers.
• Work with operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the projects business with effective team working and support of colleagues.
• Work closely with the site Contract Managers and Area General Managers to develop opportunities.
• Make certain that they and their team comply with project management policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with health and safety policy across all activities. Regularly audit and review performance.
• Carry out monthly and ad hoc project review meetings covering all aspects of Health & Safety / CDM Legislation and Requirements.
• Engage with supply partners in a manner that ensures all risk is appropriately apportioned.
• Development of project financial plans.
• Financial responsibility for the delivery of the annual projects plan.
• Manage the monthly P&L and ensure all costs (PMs, Site Supervisors etc) are fully accountable and recoverable.
• Produce monthly and ad hoc financial reports for the business.
• Leverage margins on projects by working with subcontractors and suppliers to reduce project costs.
• Ensure positive cash flow and that all debt is controlled below 60 days.
• Attend monthly project reviews with BULs, PM’s, Project Support, Finance Manager, Procurement Manager, Health & Safety Manager and Commercial
• Recruit, train, appraise and manage a team of exceptional project delivery specialists.
• Have people plan in place at all times
• Ensure the Project Managers and Project Supervisors are fully trained and equipped to deliver projects to the right standards and within the CBRE policies and procedures.
• Conduct performance reviews and create individual PDPs for all direct reports.
• Responsible for recruitment and selection of all project staff. Being equally responsible for the resolution of any discipline and grievance issues that may arise.
• Proven project management experience in either an M&E, FM ,construction or critical environment
• Ideally experience in the datacentre markets for M&E, Fabric or Whitespace
• Experience of developing new project opportunities
• Proven experience of running a P&L
• Demonstrable evidence of having managed a team
• Experience of creating, presenting and managing on bids, tenders and proposals.
• Recognised technical qualification in either a construction, mechanical or electrical discipline.
• Business standard of written and verbal literacy as well as above average numeracy skills
• Recognised qualification in project management