Senior Project Manager
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 19-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is to manage and lead a staff responsible for individual, multi-disciplined real estate project solutions for clients, with direct accountability for project delivery.
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Responsible for billing (including documentation required for revenue recognition), accounts receivable (AR) collection.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard to complex request for proposals; completes bid analysis; leads evaluation interviews, recommends resources to clients.
- Leads project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team) providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
- Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and Client requirements.
- Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines.
- Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Demonstrates ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of projects & project management within the context of business results (business case, larger economic implications, business risk, etc).
- Undergrad degree in a technical and or industry area of study.
- Supplementary Project Management qualification: APMP, LEED, RICS or equivalent.
- Requirement to be fluent in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings.
- Knowledge in leases, construction contracts, and construction practices.
- Local knowledge and experience of projects in EMEA.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment.
- Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company. Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets.
- Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Proven experience in all facets of project management for real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Manage delivery of several real estate projects at any one time through the real estate occupier project life cycle, e.g. programming, design, construction, occupancy, and closeout.
- Able to work autonomously on project matters but with a collaborative and occupier-focused approach to wider operations.
- Proven industry experience and/or training.
- Experience in delivering projects for clients within the Banking Sector.