The Project Management Consultancy team sits within the National Building Consultancy’s Project and Cost Management Group. Providing project management services primarily to property investors and developer clients, the team currently comprises four fee earners with a shared support function.
The team have established a significant level of secured work coming into 2019/20 and has been working closely with existing clients along with CBRE’s development advisory, planning and leasing teams to successfully secure further high profile work going forward into 2021 with an expanded team.
To support both the senior team and current and projected workflow demands, there is a requirement to recruit an additional Senior / Project Manager into the team. It is anticipated that this recruit will work alongside the teams Directors on larger instructions and will quickly demonstrate autonomy on smaller projects.
Specifically, the new recruit will be directly involved with the delivery of high-profile projects in Birmingham, the Midlands & South and Nationally. The role has a keen focus on technical proficiency with a view to grow commercial understanding across our focus sectors and will contribute to Business Development.
This role offers an opportunity to strengthen Project Management experience and to broaden the recruit’s skill base further into commercial property with exposure to clients and influencers alike.
• Supporting on larger projects and quickly progressing to a more autonomous role on smaller projects, provide Project Management delivery services to local authority clients, developers and institutional investors on a broad range of projects.
• Assist with and manage the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with CBRE company strategy, commitments and goals.
• Manage internal and external project teams (consulting and contracting) in the successful delivery of all projects and lead the planning and implementation of project.
• Manage the client teams, design team, third parties and the project team generally
• Assist with and manage the definition of delivery approaches, project scope, goals and deliverables.
• Assist with and manage the entire delivery life cycle ensure clients expectations are fully met.
• Assist with and manage the definition of project tasks and resource requirements.
• Assist with and manage the development of project programmes and overall strategy plans.
• Assist with and manage the assembly and coordination of project team members as required to suit complexity of the project.
• Participate in the management of project budgets.
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Assist with and manage the monitoring and reporting on progress of the projects to all stakeholders.
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
• Identify fee earning opportunities within both internal CBRE market place and external market place.
• 24 - 48 months post qualification (Project Management) experience with demonstratable project experience ranging across life cycle stages (e.g. RIBA, MSP, APM BoK).
• Suitably experienced candidates from other backgrounds would be considered.
• Experience in PMO/Project Management/ Contract Administration roles in Real Estate or Property.
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical application of project management (e.g. APM).
• Demonstrable knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
• Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills/ ability.
• Able to form strong and productive relationships at peer group level.
• Degree – BSc or BA.
• MCIOB or MAPM or MRICS (Project Management); or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.