With the continued expansion of our National Accounts business, we are looking to strengthen our team to appoint a Projects Manager, formal training in ME&P Building services Engineering or Construction management and with experience in delivering projects as a Principle Contractor
The purpose of the role is to;
• Be responsible for generating and delivering a variety of project work on our customer sites, primarily in around to M3,A3,M4 corridor.
• Expand our skill with a mechanical/ HVAC trained building services engineer.
• Identify and generate project opportunities from within a set portfolio of maintenance contracts.
• Liaise with key stakeholders on their requirements and explain feasibility of their schemes to become a trusted advisor.
• Develop and understand the full scope of works in line with the desired project business case and in turn outcome. This is to be within agreed budget requirements and required profit margins.
• Manage, run and draw up tenders on behalf of the customer as required. Carry out full tender analysis of all sub contractor returns.
• Work within the current CDM process. In the main taking on the role of principle contractor.
• Identify, reduce and manage all statutory and commercial risks associated with the project they are leading.
• Ensure CBRE QHSE practices and processes are fully embedded in each project.
• Ensure full compliance with project management policies and procedures.
• Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) “end to end”. Activities to include but not be limited to estimating, business development, quantity surveying, sub contractor management and site manager duties.
• Work closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
• Ensure customer acceptance is adhered to, in writing and in line with the project plans.
• Mutually agree payment schedules and applications for payment to the benefit of the project and the business.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
• Provide timely monthly reports to the Head of Projects/Business Unit Director in an agreed format.
• Identify and develop a short/medium and long term pipeline of Project opportunities from the portfolio of customers within the Business Unit.
• Leverage opportunities through visibility and presence on customer sites.
• Liaise with colleagues’ managers to determine and identify project opportunities. Use case studies to promote business and host key decision makers on show site tours.
• Build strong effective working relationships with our customers and site teams.
• Build a pipeline of supply partners with the correct approvals in conjunction with the central procurement team.
• Full accountability for the P&L on each project.
• Ensure that all financial objectives are met.
• Analyse variances and initiate corrective actions.
• Ensure the projects are commercially viable and satisfy the commercial terms of the contract.
• Ensure all projects are managed through Company policies and procedures in relation to commercial activities.
The Project Process:
• Define and understand the scope of work to meet the customer’s specification.
• Competitively price the works whilst returning expected profit margins.
• Review all pre construction information and implement a construction phase plan.
• Engage with sub contractors under the correct commercial terms.
• Define the project plan and programme to deliver the works.
• Appraise all sub contractor RAMS to make sure that they are suitable and sufficient
• Be in attendance on site for the works inclusive of any out of hour’s requirements.
• Set up the QHSE processes and make sure they are monitored.
• Ensure all variations to the works are captured, costed and claimed for.
• Make sure all O&M manuals are complete and available prior to practical completion.
• Close out all final accounts with both the customer and all those in the supply chain.
Decision Making/Budgetary Control:
The post holder has full responsibility and financial control of the projects within their control.
The role is self funding and therefore the post holder must recover their costs.
• Commercial awareness
• Strong financial acumen
• Ability to present with confidence
• Ability to understand commercial and financial metrics
• Networking skills
• Selling and negotiation skills
• Ability to deliver to deadlines
• Formal training and qualification as a Building Services Engineer. (HVAC).
• Managing ME&P Projects
• Managed Design & Build Projects
• Managing Construction Fitout Projects
• Minimum of 5 years proven Project Management experience in an M&E, FM ,construction or critical environment
• Proven experience of running a P&L
• Demonstrable evidence of having managed a team
• CDM regulations
• IOSH Managing Safely and/or SMSTS
• Recognised technical qualification within the Construction Industry or ME&P Building Services Engineering.
• Business standard of written and verbal literacy and numeracy
• Desirable – NEBOSH Recognised qualification in Project Management
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong influencing skills
• Ability to inspire confidence
• High degree of integrity
• Highly motivated and self-aware
• Highly organised with attention to detail
• Results focused
• Understanding customer needs
• Competence to deliver
• Commercial awareness