CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe.
The real estate market is undergoing a significant and exciting change – driven by technology and data. The skillful use of technology and expanded customer benefits, data insights and cost savings it can enable play a vital role in CBRE’s mission to create unmatched value for our clients.
The Digital & Technology team here at CBRE is a forward thinking and innovative team, currently leading a global digital transformation to ensure our business and products use the best and most cutting-edge technology.
About the role
The Digital & Technology division of Property Management in EMEA is looking for a commercially minded Senior Product Manager to take ownership of the end-to-end product lifecycle across several business capabilities/segment areas. The person must have a passion for data and for developing digital solutions that blend seamlessly with customers’ workflows and provide the right information at the right time.
This position is strongly cross-functional in nature, requiring strong working relationships with multiple teams, including Property Management and Management Accounting, Data Analytics, User Experience, Engineering and Business Transformation teams. In addition to internal constituents, you may also work with customers and partners to understand the market requirements and to support the business, so excellent communication (written and verbal) and a passion for creating customer centric, good user experience is vital.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have proven experience in bringing innovative data or software-as-a-service products to market and iterating based on user feedback and workflow requirements
- You have Senior Product management background with demonstrable experience combining digital strategy through to delivery across a number of core products and initiatives.
- You communicate business needs to the development team, are clearly able to articulate value propositions, and are driven by the “why” when creating product roadmaps
- You take a collaborative approach to problem solving, engaging a diverse stakeholder group to work through product ideation to deployment
- You have excellent attention to detail and are highly organised with a proactive approach
- You enjoy working with diverse groups/personalities and are able to constructively handle disagreements to reach a resolution
- You are able to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents
- You enjoy making effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients and/or public groups
- You are able to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees and client groups to take desired action
- You are able to formulate and communicate strategic direction and position CBRE as a market leader in the PropTech space
- You have proven leadership experience and are passionate about the opportunity to disrupt the Property industry from the
- Responsible for observing, assessing and directing multiple Product Managers and/or managing the most complex products to ensure that they deliver maximum value.
- Serve as the "voice" of the customer on critical, complex products translating customer needs to the Agile team by properly codifying intent, sizing work efforts, prioritizing needs, and summarizing issues.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and business professionals in a collaborative environment to create strategic, product roadmaps.
- Draw upon customer insights to drive the software product vision and direction; Provide oversight for teams performing this role.
- Define software solutions that CBRE’s technical teams can deliver on the most complex or largest solutions. Represent the customer to the technical teams, answering questions about client expectations.
- Prioritize deliverables and manage backlog of requests for the most complex products.
- Facilitate discussions, user story development and refinement, and testing and validation; contribute to roadblocks resolution and decision making.
- Manages executive stakeholder communication and reporting, or oversees this process for a group of Product Managers.
- Manage the strategic and tactical decisions for the product suite to provide product vision clarity
- Create and manage effective ‘Go to Market’ strategies to ensure successful adoption of new product offerings.
- Establish and analyze metrics to focus efforts and investments that properly ‘move the needle.
- Define, monitor and analyze key performance indicators to better facilitate the product decision making process.
- Perform analysis for build/buy/partner decisions and develop business cases for new products and features.
- Perform product demonstrations and product technical presentations.
- Collaborate with functional leads in Engineering to build best-in-class software and data products and services.
- Translates high-level specifications for software components into program specifications. Estimate time against completing the program specifications.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree qualification, with strong quantitative background. STEM education background (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) AND/OR an MBA preferred.
- At least 7 years’ of Product Management experience (preferably in Agile/SCRUM environment) with a strong track record of performance at an individual level.
- At least 3 years’ experience in building business cases, owning product strategy and product performance (or P&L) on complex products.
- Experience influencing teams in a global, cross-functional environment and building rapport with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in English.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles and ability to conduct financial analysis.
- Experience managing other product managers or technical product owners.
- Understanding of software and data analytics trends in commercial real-estate desirable.
- Experience managing data products is desirable.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.