Due to continued growth, we are currently looking to expand our Engineering Services team and are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our market leading engineering consultancy.
The vacancy is to work within our Engineering Services department in Scotland, based either in Glasgow or Edinburgh dependent on candidate. The role will be an exciting and diverse one, providing an extensive range of services. This is an opportunity to work on a wide range of exciting design projects, asset management, and technical due diligence surveys. Projects will include new build, office fit outs, refurbishments, plant replacements, feasibility studies, project monitoring and trouble shooting.
CBRE Property Management and Asset Management group are responsible for over 100 assets across Scotland, of which there is extensive involvement required from our Engineering Services department, ranging from plant replacement, infrastructure upgrades, and general operational advice. Previous experience providing surveys for technical due diligence, dilapidation, vendor, condition, and pre-acquisition is an advantage but not essential.
With a focus on commercial and industrial projects, the successful candidate will be required to deliver a range of projects from initial site survey through to concept and detailed design. This role will suit a client facing Senior or Principal Mechanical Design Engineer who has previous consultancy experience, delivering a number of major projects through the design process, construction and final handover.
• Providing mechanical engineering input and review on allocated areas of practice.
• Carrying out detailed design calculations and preparing technical specifications.
• Liaising with clients ensuring their satisfaction during all stages of the design and construction.
• Undertaking survey work and site inspections.
• Managing several projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget.
• Mechanical design engineer who has experience of full life cycle design from concept to completion, who can produce estimates, specification, design justification reports and scoping calculations.
• Minimum 4 years building services design experience in a consultancy environment.
• Previous design and surveying experience.
• Good knowledge of building services systems.
• CAD experience vital / Revit experience an advantage.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• A good team player and be able to demonstrate reliability, flexibility, and initiative.
• Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver projects and be able to adapt to ever changing client and market requirements.
• Build, develop and maintain existing and new business and client relationships.
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Able to contribute to business development activities.
• Qualified to at least HNC/HND level
• Ideally will hold a relevant Mechanical or Building Services Engineering degree or equivalent.
• Chartered registration or working towards Chartered registration desirable.
• Able to work collaboratively across other disciplines.
• Full driving license.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.