Waltham Cross , United Kingdom
Date published: 18-Feb-2021
Telford Homes is a leading London-focused residential and mixed-use property developer. We are a Trammell Crow Company developer and part of the CBRE family. Specialists in creating, designing and building innovative landmark developments in some of the most desirable and sought-after locations in the capital.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Land Acquisition function for either a Land or Senior Land Manager.
You will be responsible for land purchasing activity by contributing to and overseeing the ultimate acquisition of suitable Build To Rent Development sites in London and the South East. You will work closely with the Planning, Pre-construction, and the Investment and Development functions to ensure optimum outputs on all land interests.
· Maintain a high profile with external property contacts by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents, land owners and other developers within Telford Homes’ area of operation, in pursuit of opportunities for the Company.
· Appraising all land for financial and commercial viability to meet the Company objectives.
· Act as a conduit between the Land Department and other internal departments to ensure opportunities are optimised and effective working relationships are developed to assist in the land appraisal and ultimately acquisition process.
· Responsibility for site appraisals, ensure that acquisition proposals are presented in a professional manner with required input from other internal or external parties in line with the Company’s procedures for approval by the Land and Planning Director and ultimately the Board.
· Managing land purchase activity from initial site identification, appraisal and approval to the point of purchase liaising with the planning department who have responsibility to obtain an implementable planning consent.
Ideally you’ll have:
· We require a highly motivated individual to join the successful Land and Planning team. The candidate will need to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and exhibit assertiveness and self-motivation in achievement of objectives.
· Highly developed relationship management skills working closely with land owners, land agents, local authorities, public land owners and planning consultants/architects and a drive to creating new partnerships and relationships within the wider property development industry.
· Strong commercial acumen, motivated to enhance understanding and knowledge base in the wider property development industry.
· Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with excellent negotiation skills capable of obtaining new sites in order to deliver the targets and profits required for Telford Homes
Telford Homes offers a number of flexible benefits to accompany the attractive benefits associated with this vacancy.
The emphasis of a Telford Homes project is always focused foremost upon quality, great connections and exclusivity. High specifications featuring some of the finest designer names, ensures that each individual property meets or exceeds the most demanding expectations. Architectural innovation and attention to detail ensures a true landmark development, which becomes a destination in its own right.
Our ongoing commitment to our customers and the developments we create to suit their lifestyle, has resulted in Telford Homes winning the outright award for Best Customer Satisfaction Initiative at the prestigious Housebuilder Awards.