CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Senior Financial Analyst to join the team located in London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for cost estimating high visibility cross functional capital projects in an investment banking, office environment.
• Work with client teams to understand the business needs (as it relates to new office fit outs, office space modifications, lab space renovations, technology deployments or special/unique project requests) and gather sufficient information to develop viable solutions, assess potential alternatives, and provide meaningful cost estimates and implementation timeframes at a “due-diligence” level of accuracy
• As applicable, conduct sufficient research and/or coordination with business units, facilities management, I/T, and other parties as necessary to develop a reasonably accurate cost estimate
• Undertake cost analysis for capital construction and remodelling in an investment banking office environment
• Maintain a 5-year capital plan of forecast projects, updating monthly as projects are added, removed, started, and completed
• Measure and value the work performed on-site
• Write detailed progress reports
• Forecast the cost of materials required for the project
• Procure the services of contractors and subcontractors, and ensure payments are made in a timely manner
• Identify, analyse, and develop the necessary responses to any commercial risks
• Advise on the construction costs of projects in specific buildings
• Liaise with construction professionals and clients, such as site engineers and managers
• Partner with business and CBRE project team members to ensure that project delivery aligns with business strategic objectives and priorities
• Work collaboratively with the operations team to identify and maximise self-perform opportunities
• Provide financial analysis and other strategic reports for business stakeholders, and leadership team
• Assist OPS team with coordination and prioritising of annual assert plan activity
• Budget reporting and accrual submission each month
• Continually evaluate method of undertaking and completing projects more efficiently with new programming techniques and different technology platforms
• Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying, commercial management, or a related construction subject
• Accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
• Attention to detail and a systematic way of thinking
• A high level of computer skills
• Outstanding communication and negotiating skills
• Excellent numeracy and financial management skills
• Detailed knowledge of the construction industry
• Leadership and motivation skills
• Knowledge of building materials, processes, materials, legal, and business matters
• The capacity to introduce complex topics in layman’s terms
• Strong writing skills
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.