CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Senior FM Engineering Operations Lead (UK&I) to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for the tactical and operational management of the client’s critical environment infrastructure and practical delivery of best in class operational standards resulting in an excellent engineering service provision across UK and Ireland (UKI) portfolio.
• Responsible for in scope all engineering service delivery in the UKI locations
• Provide support to the EMEA Engineering Operations Director, providing tactical and operational delivery reports as well as Supply Partner management and direction across the Sites as required
• Supervise and lead the UKI engineering team to ensure that contracted maintenance levels, standards and reliability are delivered by the Self Perform engineering team (supported by the appropriate third-party specialist suppliers)
• Manage all UKI incidents and escalations, lead engineering problem solving, fault finding and root cause analysis acting as the primary interface with the client, local vendor partners and other stakeholders as required
• Oversee implementation of programs to ensure compliance with life safety programs and procedures, domestic water quality control and water treatment programs to include environmental and safety compliance
• Conduct regular reviews of existing operations to ensure maintenance and operating standards and environments are adequate for each facility. Implement the standards for inspection and audit protocols for the improvement and/or maintenance of operational delivery
• Create manage and review actions plans for the delivery of a best in class engineering service across the whole region portfolio
• Manage and deliver a forwarded thinking culture across all engineering services delivery
• Provide financial oversight including review engineering capital budgets, ensure effective management of the Repairs and Maintenance (R&M) cost, providing budget variance reports and assisting with annual reconciliations
• Delivery of in scope all engineering service across a smart building environment
• Evaluates and recommends building automation, energy management and automatic temperature control systems, driving engineering initiatives to meet regional energy saving targets
• Perform value-engineering studies and evaluate contractor qualifications and recommendations
• Perform additional duties as requested
• Excellent client relationship and leadership skills with strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to effectively respond to complex inquiries, requests or complaints from clients, line management and supply chain with track record of delivering results that exceed customer expectations
• Experience in change control and engineering planning tools and processes
• Experience or knowledge of Intelligent buildings
• Experience or knowledge of System integration i.e. BIM and BOSS etc
• Strong financial control to maintain cost within budget
• Advance skill with Microsoft Office Suite
• Relevant experience managing an engineering service delivery across multiple Sites
• Investment banking infrastructure experience of critical class A buildings and DC
• Strong technical competence, including HV switchgear and systems
• Ability to apply engineering principles and techniques to the solution of equipment and buildings
• Familiarity with regulations and building codes with knowledge of construction/project management principles
• Degree qualified in an Engineering discipline - Bachelor's degree (BEng) or equivalent combination of education and experience with minimum Foundation Degree/HND BEng, standard
• C&G in Electrical and Mechanical systems with a minimum of ten years post training experience, five years of which in maintaining critical engineering environments
• Sound knowledge in Health &Safety - NEBOSH desirable
• Travel as the role/business requires - some travel required (2-3 times a year)
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.