• Create, deliver and own the pipeline to achieve a divisional target.
• Ensure project compliance and QHSE regulations and standards are maintained consistently across the division and where possible exceed industry standard
• Provide leadership and development for the team of On Account Principal Contracting works professionals in the division
• Responsible for initiating and delivering project opportunities on Local Accounts PjM works delivery, sales/self- delivery and P&L.
• Deliver Local Accounts PjM works works to completion on time and on budget to the satisfaction of all parties; customer expectations are to be exceeded wherever and whenever possible.
• Ensure Local Accounts PjM works works opportunities on all maintenance contracts are identified to deliver increased turnover and profit to the Division.
• Create a supply chain of exceptional delivery partners
• Identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every On Account Principal Contracting works.
a. Ensure compliance with CBRE project management policies and procedures
b. Ensure that health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both CBRE and supply partner activities
• Ensure appropriate control systems are in place to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
• Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other applications as appropriate.
• Continually innovate the Local Accounts PjM works offering to generate more revenue streams and opportunities
• Responsible for generating and securing new sales to meet a financial plan;
• Responsible for leading the development and management of all bids, tenders and proposals;
• Strategically plan and develop long term opportunities by creating a pipeline of potential orders.
• Seek out opportunities to generate revenue through innovation and different technologies.
• Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings.
• Develop ‘Local Accounts PjM works’ case studies and marketing literature on the projects being delivered.
• Promote the ‘Local Accounts PjM works’ offering through raising the profile at external awards events.
• Develop effective relationships with current and potential customers through demonstrating our capability in project delivery solutions.
• Build strong relationships with subcontractors, in particular preferred suppliers. This is to ensure cost effective solutions which meet our quality expectations can be delivered to our customers whatever the scope of works. Note all risks are to be managed, with our suppliers engaged on back to back terms and conditions.
• Working with operational Managers/Directors to ensure the collaborative development of the Local Accounts PjM works business with effective team working and support of colleagues.
• Stakeholder management across the business
• Ensure compliance with CBRE project management policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with CBRE health and safety policy and process whilst ensuring that they are effectively implemented across both CBRE and its subcontractor’s activities. These are to be regularly audited and reviewed.
• All projects must commence with a pre prepared Health and Safety file for the works. The Head of Projects is responsible for ensuring that this is compliant with current Regional QHSE Regulations.
• Chair monthly and ad hoc project review meetings covering all aspects of Health & Safety Legislation and requirements.
Business and Financial Management:
• Develop a Local Accounts PjM works business plan and annual financial plan for revenue and profit delivery.
• Financial responsibility for the delivery of the annual projects Plan (or as dictated by the MD)
• Carry out monthly forecasting and ensure the Local Accounts PjM works are delivered at the right margins
• Oversee the monthly P&L and ensure all over-head costs (PEs/HoP) are fully accountable and recoverable.
• Produce monthly and ad hoc financial reports for the business.
• Leverage margins for Local Accounts PjM works by working with subcontractors and suppliers to reduce project costs.
• Ensure positive cash flow through the up-front agreement of payment schedules and the submission of timely invoices/applications of payment. Ensuring all debt is controlled below 60 days.
People Management and Development:
• Provide leadership to and development of the team of ‘Local Accounts PjM’ professionals.
• Establish and implement best practice training programmes to ensure capabilities match future business needs.
• Lead the recruitment and on-boarding of all Local Accounts PjM works across the division including attending assessment centres.
• Develop a pipeline of talent internally and externally by developing the team of ‘Local Accounts PjM works’ professional as per the career framework.
• Ensure there is a structured training and development framework in place to equip the ‘Local Accounts PjM works’ professionals with the right standards and within the CBRE policies and procedures.
• Carry out monthly one to ones with direct reports and conduct annual performance reviews.