CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2020 revenues of $23.8 billion. We have been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, currently ranking #128. CBRE has more than 100,000 employees and serves real estate investor and occupier clients in more than 100 countries
We provide services for real estate occupiers and investors. For occupiers, we provide facilities management, project management, transaction and consulting services, among others. For investors, we provide capital markets, leasing, investment management, property management, valuation and development services, among others.
Job Title: Senior Consultant - Strategic Advisory
Location: London/flexible for the right candidate
Strategic Advisory Role
The CBRE Strategic Advisory team brings market-leading expertise to help clients navigate complexities to develop successful business strategies, make informed decisions, implement robust programmes and utilise the best technologies to unlock value and achieve sustainability from their real assets across real estate and infrastructure. Our clients are Investors, Developers, Occupiers, Operators and Public Bodies across all sectors. We work across the full lifecycle, from strategic inception to implementation, operation and exit.
The team comprises a diverse blend of business strategy, strategic programme management, business transformation and change, digital and real asset advisers drawn from top-tier business consulting and professional services firms. Client service excellence lies at the heart of everything we do. We have a distinct, inclusive and entrepreneurial culture, whereby each individual is encouraged and supported to achieve their full potential, working together respectfully and collaboratively as a cohesive team. Everyone in the team, from junior to senior levels, brings something distinct to our group and our clients, and everyone has a voice in how we shape and grow our business and work together.
Despite COVID-19 and other factors affecting markets, in 2020, Strategic Advisory achieved 48% year-on-year revenue growth and 83% year-on-year EBITDA growth. Underpinned by this success, and with an ambitious five year growth plan, Strategic Advisory is scaling up and is recruiting at several levels of seniority. The opportunity below relates to Senior Consultant roles. We would be keen to hear from candidates with interests and capabilities in Vision & Strategy, Strategic Programme Management, Business Transformation & Change and Digital Advisory. Real estate sector experience is welcome but not vital, and enquiries from candidates with relevant experience in other sectors and contexts is of interest.
• Responsible for assisting senior colleagues in undertaking client engagements and preparing deliverables on time and to a high quality, as well as leading on discrete pieces of work within projects/workstreams
• Engaging with clients to understand their strategic objectives, priorities, opportunities and constraints
• Use quantitative analysis and qualitative methods to assess client situations and devise recommended strategies and solutions
• Work with specialists across CBRE to help achieve best in class solutions
• Assist in the preparation of clear, robust client reports, strategies and business plans
• Help to build relationships of trust with clients, and identify business development opportunities
• Support proposals and pitches, and development of market-facing material (e.g. thought leadership).
• Supporting internal CBRE reporting processes
We seek candidates with a combination of the following:
• Experience working within a major management consultancy or other relevant business environment, ideally in the following areas:
o Vision & Strategy
o Strategic Programme Management
o Business Transformation & Change
o Digital Advisory
• Articulate with good written and oral communication skills, including experience of preparing client reports and presentations
• Awareness of management consultancy tools and techniques
• Structured approach to problem-solving
• Numerate and able to support quantitative analysis
• Attention to detail and commitment to achieving high quality client deliverables
• Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
• Entrepreneurial and enquiring mindset
• Good interpersonal skills and a genuine belief in collaboration
• Ability to work unsupervised and prioritise own time where necessary
• Appetite and ability to spot opportunities for both clients and CBRE, with exposure to business development activities (e.g. pitches & presentations)
• Private and public sector client experience.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.