Responsible for the acquisition of new client relationships and new business revenue within the assigned vertical markets in the IoT Smart Buildings environment using CBRE|ESI Platforms and Solutions
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United Kingdom and mainland Europe
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies and coordinates opportunities for new business.
- Constantly seeks new ideas and opportunities for growth and expand our customer base.
- Develops an adequate pipeline to achieve sales quotas.
- Manages existing customer accounts with responsibility for account growth and profit margin.
- Develops accounts so that long-term relationships will result.
- Maintains company standard profit margins in all sales.
- Writes professional proposals.
- Prepares and delivers effective, professional sales proposals and communicates them to all levels of a customer's organization.
- Manages customer expectations, negotiate and resolves any discrepancies and conflicts.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Degree or equivalent experience in HVAC controls and/or mechanical systems application and design.
- Five or more years' of progressive experience in HVAC and automation system control technical sales, or a minimum of five years' experience in related technical field plus two years of experience in a sales position.
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record for applicable vehicles, without restrictions, or limiting conditions. (Corrective lenses permitted)
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Must be familiar with basic financial terms and concepts as they relate to contracts, proposals, and providing consultation to the customer.
- Must be familiar with basic contract language, negotiation and management.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable and well versed with HVAC applications. Must be able to read and understand HVAC/R and process mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, etc.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the use and operations of Windows-based computers.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Must possess a good working knowledge of communication networks including device-bus level protocols as well as Ethernet networks and related equipment.
- Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.