Senior Analyst – Retail Research
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 16-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
This role will develop clear and insightful analysis for the EMEA Retail market. This role is also responsible for effectively communicating such insight, ensuring that CBRE’s retail message is clear and presented concisely to the firm’s clients and the wider EMEA property market. The position will require regular contact with colleagues in the EMEA Retail, EMEA Capital Markets, and EMEA Marketing divisions. The occupant of this role will also be expected to be able to use property data intelligently from both internal and external sources to help the firm with pitch, enquiry, presentation and project work. This role is also integral to a global research team. As such, ability to collaborate with the broader team and demonstrate cultural awareness is key.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and become an authoritative voice in the marketplace.
- Assist in delivering a Strategic Content Plan for the Retail sector in Europe, including CBRE’s key strategic retail topics for the year, including coordination and communications with marketing.
- Support Head of EMEA Retail Research in processing incoming business, client and press enquiries.
- Support consulting work and client presentations.
- Play a role in the development of CBRE’s Retail data platform by working together with the Data & Analytics team.
- Serve as the EMEA retail expert for global research team.
- Assist with regionally and globally coordinated projects and understand differences and similarities across markets.
The qualifications, skills and experience required for this position are:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in property market research or other research / analysis environment (a retail research background would be preferred but is not essential).
- Graduate, preferably with a degree in real estate, geography, economics, social sciences or related subject.
- Proficiency in data collection, manipulation and analysis, drawing relevant and robust conclusions.
- Good numeracy and writing skills, with the ability to present data, information, methodologies and results effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, and ability to work both autonomously or in a team environment.
- Ability to be flexible and manage workload to meet deadlines; Ability to work well under pressure, with multiple/competing deadlines.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint and Word, or similar packages.
- Data visualization skills. Basic knowledge of software packages such as Tableau or Power BI.