CBRE Real Estate Investment Banking (REIB) is a team of financial and investment banking professionals, incorporated within CBRE Capital Advisors, which provides advice on mergers and acquisitions, capital raising, take private transactions, strategic alternatives, restructuring and capital strategy to clients in the real estate sector. The REIB team has advised on in excess of $6bn of platform transactions since 2019 and has experience across sectors including logistics, residential, hotels, data centres, office, healthcare and other operational real estate.
In response to a growing pipeline, the REIB team is looking to recruit experienced senior financial analysts who can analyse client requirements on investment strategy, capital strategy, vehicle structure, financing requirements and decision-making dynamics. Candidates will provide support to Senior Directors and Directors, developing solutions and advice for clients with opportunity to interact with clients and develop transactional experience.
• Assist the senior team in client service engagements which would include advising clients on buy and sell-side transactions
• Analyse and conduct due diligence on potential deals including: researching sector and competition, reviewing comprehensive financial information, inputting into the review of financial models and projections, reviewing asset level data and assisting in transactional documentation
• Build and operate financial and real estate cash flow models prepared as part of assessing potential deals, including LBO models
• Prepare documents including:
o pitch books;
o information memoranda;
o asset books; and
o reports for client use.
• Liaise with geographical, asset class and function specialist teams within CBRE.
• Demonstrate good understanding of all Corporate Finance capabilities across CBRE.
• Build knowledge of property market (e.g. Current activity, key players, trends) and different client types, including their commercial drivers and needs.
• Proactively manage all client follow up and information requests.
• Promote innovation and commitment to work process improvement.
• Interpret instructions, assessing required timescales and potential issues, seeking help and advice appropriately.
• A financial background with either:
o experience of an investment bank analyst programme or similar;
o CFA qualification; or
o ACA or CA qualification.
• Experience in a corporate finance environment will be viewed favourably.
• Exposure to real estate businesses, assets, vehicles would be valuable but not essential.
• A strong academic background with bachelors or post-graduate degree preferably with a specialisation in real estate or finance
• Highly numerate and able to grasp complex investment scenarios
• Previous exposure to real estate businesses, assets, and vehicles preferred; otherwise, a demonstrated interest, ability and willingness to pursue a career within real estate.
• Transactional/project experience in corporate finance transactions.
• Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team.
• Confident and assertive where required.
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
• Exceptional attention to detail, demonstrating a professional and client-focussed approach to work.
• Excellent, clear and concise communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent IT skills.