CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Scientific Equipment Coordinator to join the team located in Alderley Park.
The successful candidate will be responsible for processing and administering all work order requests, customer trouble calls and the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) whilst following up as needed to assure customer satisfactions to work order requirements.
This role will be part of the account-based team and have support, training, access to the UK CBRE Integrated Laboratory Solutions group network.
- Receives all written and electronic customer work requests, verifies completeness of all entries, enter information into CMMS, issues work order ticket, determines appropriate supervisor, and closes work orders upon completion
- Communicates with requester to determine total scope of work and priority of the work to be performed; keeps requester apprised as to the status of the work order until completion
- Administers the preventative maintenance tracking and documentation programs, assigns, and distributes the work to the appropriate supervisor, reviews scope and frequency of assignments with the supervisor and makes changes where required
- Identifies resources and materials required to execute the requested work; may verify the availability of those resources prior to scheduling the work or arranges for appropriate alternatives
- Acts as a contact/liaison between OEM staff and the requesting department for the planning and scheduling of work performed by OEM site team
- Generates and provides management reports on topics tracked such as overtime, work backlog, equipment repair history and cost, trouble calls, work orders, and customer satisfaction
- May estimate job requirements for preventative maintenance activities including number/type of OEM staff to be assigned and number of man-hours per task
- Attends daily/weekly meetings with facility maintenance management to develop the next day/week’s schedule, reviews the status of scheduled work orders, and discusses new, incoming work orders
- Submits written notifications to departments to coordinate upcoming shutdowns
- Utilizes computerized maintenance management system to manage work orders history and track job status and repair costs
- Assists with coordination and recommendation of the use of outside services when outside labor is required to execute jobs
- May identify opportunities to improve process, planning or performance through analysis of work order flow, project demands and expectations
- May review utilization and cost data to recommend corrective actions to reduce costs
- Perform planned and reactive maintenance as requested on General Lab Equipment
- Perform triage and technical assessment of customer breakdown requests alongside site-based engineering team and advise on best solution for repair, whether internal of via OEM
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards
- Act as a receiving authority under CBRE Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) when trained and authorised to safely carry out the duties and responsibilities of an authorised and/or competent person
- Performs other duties as required
- Experience of working in a fast paced, operational environment
- 2+ years post apprentice experience within the Laboratory Instrument Support sector
- Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
- PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
- Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
- High customer focus
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.