Job Title: On Call Home Workers – minimum 8 days per month
Location: Home based, nationwide - reporting to London team
Role Purpose: To provide support to the Residential Valuation and Advisory team in giving market leading advice to institutions, fund managers, developers, property companies, and more.
The Residential Valuation and Advisory team is a dynamic group of over 30 professionals that provides market leading advice to institutions, fund managers, developers, property companies, international banks, Registered Providers and PLCs. Reporting to a Director, the role will be to assist a proactive, specialist team in providing valuations for loan security, investment, and strategic advice to a broad range of clients. As part of our team you will be involved in valuing assets across the residential sphere including the Build to Rent (BTR/PRS/Multi-Family) sector.
We have nationwide coverage, with class-leading expertise in London and the South East. We provide valuations covering all residential assets including Build to Rent opportunities, developments, strategic land, ground rent investments, high value single homes within Prime Central London, and Affordable Housing. Our valuations are fully supported by a dedicated wider Residential team that offers a multi-disciplinary approach from sales and marketing, capital markets, land agency, planning, and market leading research.
We are the clear market leader in the burgeoning Build to Rent sector. Clients include L&G, M&G, Grainger, LaSalle, Fizzy Living and Get Living amongst others. We provide the full spectrum of services in this sector from regular valuations and loan security advice to acquisition advice and market intelligence.
Our team is at the forefront of valuing residential development projects. Our work regularly spans the full development life cycle from the valuation of land for acquisition and lending, through the development process with valuations for refinancing and company accounts and to completion with work for investment funds. Working with our team offers the opportunity to gain insight into the acquisition, development, and financing of landmark and large-scale development projects.
CBRE Training and induction on boarding to be provided
- Property Valuations – undertaking entire valuation process from property inspections, planning and non-technical/technical due diligence, collation, and analysis of comparable evidence
- Preparation of valuation reports for a broad range of purposes including acquisition, accounts, loan security and strategic advice.
- Preparation of models using Excel and Argus Developer
- MRICS qualified or equivalent. Registered Valuer preferable.
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, enabling the development of good relationships.
- Organised, focused, and high attention to detail.
- A self-starter with strong time management and an appreciation of process.
- Team player who communicates effectively with colleagues.
- Highly numerate with the ability to grasp scale and complexity.
- Ability to work in fast paced dynamic environment.
- Passionate about the residential sector.
- Role could suit a numerate surveyor looking to move from a commercial property background.
- Valid UK driving licence.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. We have over 100,000 employees worldwide, with over 3,000 of those in the UK alone. The company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In Central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.