Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
Divisional QHSE Director
The purpose of the QHSE Director Role is to develop and ensure adoption of the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment strategy for the Divisional Business in line with ‘Group’ Quality, Health, Safety and Environment strategy, policy and process and agreed with the QHSE Director Local UK. The QHSE Director reports into the Risk and Assurance Director and supports him/ her to deliver contractual obligations and account specific requirements ensuring key deliverables are met. The QHSE Director plays a key role in establishing and developing collaborative relationships with all functions within account and facilitates a holistic approach to risk identification and reduction within the division.
* Develop, implement, manage and review the Divisional QHSE account and business plan and objectives in line with the ‘Group’ strategic QHSE plan. Including the long-term forecasting and planning for both policy and resource requirement;
* Liaise regularly with the Risk and Assurance Director, Divisional BU leaders and Key Customers to ensure expectations are understood and delivered, as far as is reasonable enabling suitable management of risk exposures. As the appointed competent person for health and safety ensure the role responsibilities are fulfilled;
* Work with the wider Risk & Assurance functions to ensure appropriate levels of risk, compliance and audit control;
* Direct and manage the team to ensure delivery of QHSE management system audits designed to maintain compliance with both Divisional and Group policy and strategy. Ensure an annual schedule is maintained of appropriate and necessary internal and supplier audit;
* Manage the Divisional QHSE resource requirements. Lead and facilitate necessary dialogue to ensure appropriate specialist QHSE resource requirements are established at all times;
* Direct lead and support the development of client and CBRE initiatives and best practice activities in all areas of QHSE management and promote and maintain the behaviours and values of CBRE;
* Lead the development and maintenance of the Divisional QHSE training strategy. Support it’s delivery to ensure standards of QHSE competence to be achieved and maintained;
* Ensure QHSE ‘Champions’ are established throughout the Business. Direct the team in the development of appropriate Champions objectives designed to promote and improve QHSE;
* Manage the Customer and Divisional relationship with externally sourced QHSE resource as required;
* Ensure the achievement of agreed Divisional functional standards and service level agreements on account;
* Compile appropriate performance reports for the Division and maintain performance monitoring, analysis and review against established metrics and standards to drive improvements;
* Support the achievement of good industry practice, business competitiveness, and the development of a learning organisation;
* Support appropriate and effective business communication through leadership, advice, reviews, and direct contribution to meetings (client and internal facing), briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as necessary and appropriate;
* Support the health, safety and environmental aspects of the new business winning process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, bid and contract generation and review through to support during mobilisation and resourcing activities on contracts;
* Support through thought leadership and delivery emergency and business continuity processes and procedures.
* Reports to Risk & Assurance Director.
* Accountable to CBRE GWS Local UK QHSE Director, peer group(s), PFS leadership and governance bodies.
To be an effective director of QHSE it is essential that they have strong management and practical experience of working with large scale/ telco organisation and have demonstrable evidence of supporting and delivery of both key company and client priorities. They need problem-solving skills in order to create strategies that will minimize risks for CBRE and BT. They also need to be capable of communicating effectively since their role will involve supervision of other staff and influencing a peer group. They also need to be able to effectively implement and review QHSE policies and processes and play an active role in reaching business goals and programs. The QHSE director must also ensure appropriate levels of governance and control are established to meet company wide strategies and risk prevention programs.
To be an effective director of QHSE it is essential
Key skills/ qualifications needed:
* Essential: A good post-graduate level education with a formal qualification in both occupational health and safety management and environment management. Significant and relevant post qualification experience.
* Essential: Membership of IIRSM or IOSH at ‘Specialist’ level or higher
* Essential: Incumbents must demonstrate a career showing continuous personal development.
* Essential: Specialist and strategic higher managerial experienced in Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management. A practical and demonstrable knowledge of liaising with enforcement agency/ insurers.
* Desirable: Formal management qualifications in environmental or safety management system auditing.
* An inspiring leader that engages his/ her teams to deliver their best work.
* Good education expected, which will include an English and Math’s qualification as minimum.
* Very proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* Experience of using Dynamic and MS project is an advantage.
* Experience of a similar role in a large-sized business (>£70m).
* Experience within the Facilities Management sector is essential.
* Excellent relationship building skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
* Must be detail conscious, accurate and methodical in approach with strong organisational and communication skills.
* Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business critical environments
* Able to work systematically and use own initiative, often working on more than one task at any given time.
* Calm manner, able to work under pressure and against rapidly changing demands and priorities
* Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing support to other areas of the business on occasions, as required.
* Must be flexible to work outside core office hours from time to time, and to travel on occasions to other work locations.
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people