Protective Design & Engineering Project Specialist
Dublin , Ireland
Date published: 26-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is to provide support to the Global Security Design, Engineering and Construction team with the coordination of protective design requirements including site hardening (barriers, fencing, lighting), structural hardening of the building perimeter (façades and doors), and structural hardening of building interiors (lobbies, mailrooms, critical spaces) for new build and retrofit projects. In addition, the role requires close coordination with operational and technological security teams as well as project management and design teams, engineers, manufacturers, and a variety of contractors.
- Lead daily operations and direct the implementation of Protective Design guidelines and processes that ensures a cohesive, consistent, and uniformed global program.
- Manage end-to-end protective design scope (pre-lease, planning, design, construction, quality assurance) ensuring on-time delivery while driving execution.
- Manage builds of new construction and retrofits, protective design consultant selection, and third-party vendor recommendations.
- Acts as the liaison and point of contact for both internal and external cross-functional partners, third party vendors, and protective design consultants.
- Foster strong cross-functional partnerships and provide clear, concise communication to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Meet regularly with stakeholders and project design teams to provide status updates and coordinate project specific requirements.
- Provide ongoing communication of planning, project status, issues and risks in a timely fashion to internal global security team members and cross functional partners.
- Research and evaluate protective design industry standards and products to support projects.
- Partner with other project specialists responsible for similar processes across the Global Security team to ensure consistency and alignment.
- Support continual improvement efforts through evaluation of current practices; investigation of new products; development of presentation materials, forms, and guidance documents; coordination and execution of pilots for programs; and present recommendations and provide business justification to relevant partners.
- Effectively prioritize workload demands to meet project deadlines.
- Manage performance metrics to evaluate progress and success.
- Other duties may be assigned as required to assist in the successful delivery of any project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil or Structural Engineering, or Construction Management and 3+ years of relevant work experience or 6+ years of experience in project management or design and construction of offices.
- Proficient with Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and organization.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Experience or knowledge of PlanGrid would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of workplace or office design projects and/or construction management.
- Has a good understanding of construction. project life cycles, including pre-lease, design, and construction phases
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Experience in architecture, engineering, project management, and construction management.
- Experience where security was a primary project stakeholder.
- Experience documenting, managing, and executing scalable and repeatable processes.
- Experience in cross-functional and multi-disciplinary coordination through planning, design, and construction project phases.
- Experience communicating technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly learn and master new processes.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to clients.
- Ability to effectively present written and verbal information.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Strong planning and decision-making ability to define and meet performance requirements.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be independent, flexible and creative to respond to clients and projects as they may occur.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and demanding setting.
- Travel may be a requirement within EMEA for this role (20%).