CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 70,000 employees and operate in 48 countries.
Job Title: Projects Director (BT Account)
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Projects Director to join the BT Workplace team to work nationally (work location is flexible).
• Provide leadership and development for the team of project professionals in the division
o Inclusive of the PMO, PJM, Cost Management, Building Surveying and PC teams on the account
• Create, deliver and own the pipeline to achieve the account target
• Ensure project compliance and QHSE regulations and standards are maintained consistently across the division and where possible exceed industry standard
• Building external relationships with clients to identify opportunities, secure new work and deliver projects
• Responsible for initiating and delivering project opportunities, project delivery, sales/self- delivery and P&L.
• Deliver projects to completion on time and on budget to the satisfaction of all parties; customer expectations are to be exceeded wherever and whenever possible.
• Ensure project opportunities across all aspects of the account (LCR/Infrastructure Improvement Plan, Capital Projects and Programmes) are identified to deliver increased turnover and profit to the Division.
• Create a supply chain of exceptional delivery partners
• Identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
a. Ensure compliance with CBRE project management policies and procedures
b. Ensure that health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both CBRE and supply partner activities (as appropriate in respect of the services we are providing per project, i.e. PJM and/or PC)
• Ensure appropriate control systems are in place to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
• Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other applications as appropriate.
• Continually innovate the ‘Projects’ offering to generate more revenue streams and opportunities.
• Responsible for generating and securing new sales to meet a financial plan of up to £30m per annum.
• Responsible for leading the development and management of all bids, tenders and proposals in excess of £1m.
• Strategically plan and develop long term opportunities by creating a pipeline of potential orders.
• Seek out opportunities to generate revenue through innovation and different technologies.
• Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings.
• Develop ‘Project’ case studies and marketing literature on the projects being delivered.
• Promote the ‘Project’ offering through raising the profile at external awards events.
• Develop effective relationships with current and potential customers through demonstrating our capability in project delivery solutions.
• Effective management of the Projects team to ensure that strong relationships are developed with subcontractors, in particular preferred suppliers. This is to ensure cost effective solutions which meet our quality expectations can be delivered to our customers whatever the scope of works. Note all risks are to be managed, with our suppliers engaged on back to back terms and conditions.
• Working with operational managers/Directors to ensure the collaborative development of the projects business with effective team working and support of colleagues.
• Stakeholder management across the business.
• Ensure compliance with CBRE project management policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with CBRE QHSE policies and processes and wider CDM Regulations whilst ensuring that they are effectively implemented across both CBRE and its subcontractor’s activities. These are to be regularly audited and reviewed.
• Chair monthly and ad hoc project review meetings covering all aspects of Health & Safety / CDM Legislation and requirements.
Business and Financial Management:
• Develop a project business plan and annual financial plan for revenue and profit delivery.
• Financial responsibility for the delivery of the annual projects Plan of up to £30m (or as dictated by the MD)
• Carry out monthly forecasting and ensure the projects are delivered at the right margins
• Oversee the monthly P&L and ensure all over-head costs (Project SLT members/PMs/HoPs/Project Support/Finance and Admin) are fully accountable and recoverable.
• Produce monthly and ad hoc financial reports for the business.
• Leverage margins on projects by working with subcontractors and suppliers to reduce project costs.
• Ensure positive cash flow through the up-front agreement of payment schedules and the submission of timely invoices/applications of payment. Ensuring all debt is controlled below 60 days.
People Management and Development:
• Provide leadership to and development of the team of ‘Projects’ professionals.
• Establish and implement best practice training programmes to ensure capabilities match future business needs.
• Lead the recruitment and on-boarding of all SLT member and take an active role in recruitment of other key positions (Regional Leads/Head of Projects) across the division including attending assessment centres.
• Develop a pipeline of talent internally and externally by developing the team of ‘project’ professional as per the career framework.
• Ensure there is a structured training and development framework in place to equip the ‘Project’ professionals with the right standards and within the CBRE policies and procedures.
• Carry out monthly one to ones with direct reports and conduct annual performance reviews.