Acton , United Kingdom
Date published: 2-Feb-2021
Telford Homes is a leading London-focused residential and mixed-use property developer. We are a Trammell Crow Company developer and part of the CBRE family. Specialists in creating, designing and building innovative landmark developments in some of the most desirable and sought-after locations in the capital.
An opportunity has arisen within our Construction function for a Project Manager to join our Perfume Factory Scheme in Acton.
To manage and take overall control of the delivery of a single large project. To lead on all construction matters through all stages of design, procurement and construction, focusing on the delivery of the project to a high quality in terms of workmanship, programme and within agreed budgets.
· Oversee construction, ensuring works are carried out to meet NHBC and building control standards, are in accordance with the drawing specification and contract documents and the highest standards of quality and workmanship are maintained
· Produce Project Programmes, communicate this to site teams to implement and regularly monitor and report on progress
· Lead the development and production of Scope of Works
· Attend and contribute to package and procurement reviews as appropriate
· Assist the Technical Manager with design coordination and buildability and attend design meetings to ensure complete and correct information is issued
· Lead and monitor the installation of utilities
· Oversee and monitor requisition of materials and plant and the schedule and call off of deliveries by the site team
· Assist in the appointment of subcontractors during the construction and tender phase and assess suitability of:
- Health & Safety
- Programme compliance
- Design and procurement resource
· Monitor implementation of site QA procedures
This role would suit:
• A track record of successful delivery of projects
• Broad range of construction experience including main contract and mixed tenure private/affordable apartment developments
• Experience across a variety of construction types
• Proven experience of managing a team of people
• The ability to control costs, timing and quality, in line with targets
• Educated to degree level
• Appropriate CSCS card
• SMSTS certificate
• First Aid at Work certificate
• Basic knowledge of ASTA Power Project is desirable
• MCIOB – desirable but not essential
1.1 acre site is only 150m from North Acton Underground Station, which is served by the Central Line providing direct access into Central London, and just a 12 minute walk from the future Crossrail and HS2 station at Old Oak Common.
The site currently benefits from a resolution to grant planning permission for the provision of 374 residential units and 1,403sqm of commercial floor space in buildings up to 25 storeys. The development has been designed specifically for build to rent and 35% of the homes will be delivered as subsidised affordable housing.
The emphasis of a Telford Homes project is always focused foremost upon quality, great connections and exclusivity. High specifications featuring some of the finest designer names, ensures that each individual property meets or exceeds the most demanding expectations. Architectural innovation and attention to detail ensures a true landmark development, which becomes a destination in its own right.
Our ongoing commitment to our customers and the developments we create to suit their lifestyle, has resulted in Telford Homes winning the outright award for Best Customer Satisfaction Initiative at the prestigious Housebuilder Awards.