CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2020 revenues of $23.8 billion. We have been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, currently ranking #128. CBRE has more than 100,000 employees and serves real estate investor and occupier clients in more than 100 countries
We provide services for real estate occupiers and investors. For occupiers, we provide facilities management, project management, transaction and consulting services, among others. For investors, we provide capital markets, leasing, investment management, property management, valuation and development services, among others.
Job Title: Portfolio Strategist
Dedicated client facing resource to support and / or lead on the delivery of portfolio planning deliverables within the strategy workstream for a large Pharmaceutical client.
• Support and/or take the lead on a variety of complex analyses used in the development of deliverables focused on real estate strategies in close support of client objectives
• Proactively review the Client’s portfolio and provide ideas, input and analysis to support the Client in the development of near-term and long-term portfolio plans and / or in-country strategic reviews / metro plans
• Lead regular portfolio opportunity assessments, covering both the leased and owned portfolio, evaluate opportunities to take advantage of lease options / rights, changing market conditions and / or consolidation opportunities to optimise flexibility, reduce and contain costs or realise value
• Regular analysis, prioritisation and documentation of space demand, supply and utilization and identification of optimization potential
• Manage stakeholder inputs for strategy development (market broker network, FM, Projects, IT, Security, Finance and other 3rd parties)
• Lead scenario modelling and drafting of business cases including complex financial analyses (P&L, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet impact) up to budget approval
• Prepare business cases and recommendations ensuring alignment with Client’s business objectives and wider regional portfolio strategy.
• Maintain and direct a strategic agenda for the relationship between CBRE and the client, including an agenda of strategic initiatives and opportunities
• Actively monitor and advise Client on relevant emerging market and sector trends and best practices
• You will work closely with other members of the account team and across CBRE Advisory & Transactions, including Transaction Management, Portfolio Services, Location Advisory, Capital Projects, Capital Markets, Workplace occupancy planning and change management, integrating their data and expertise into comprehensive client deliverables
• To be considered for this role you must have experience of working in a strategic / analytic role previously
• Excellent internal and external client relationship management skills with demonstrated ability to create value
• Ability to support and motivate team members, leadership and respond to client deadlines
• Ability to understand client requirements and problem solve to deliver tailored strategic deliverables for large and / or small projects / programmes
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set and achieve project deadlines and manage client expectations
• Highly numerate including expert problem solving and analytical skills, with sound understanding of cash flow, balance sheet and application of IFRS; must have a practical working knowledge of financial terms and principles
• Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work and communicate with stakeholders at all levels across internal and external teams
• Ability to work independently and self-solution via internal and external resources
• Strong report writing and client facing skills are integral to the role. Advanced skill level of usual Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience of the Real Estate sector is of benefit, but NOT essential
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.