Plumber / Fabric Technician
Bolton , United Kingdom
Date published: 3-Mar-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Static Plumber / Fabric Technician (Plumber / handy person) to join the team based in Bolton, Greater Manchester.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective provision of proactive & reactive plumbing / building fabric services to the contract in an efficient and courteous manner, with a strong focus on customer care.
To deliver the following:
- Complete planned preventative maintenance (PPM) checks
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of PPM task sheets.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff and client’s staff.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Ensure a professional image of CBRE is presented to clients and visitors and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
- Complete reactive repair tasks
- Inspect/repair floor, walls and ceiling coverings.
- Inspect /repair free standing and fitted furniture.
- Inspect/clear drainage and gully systems.
- Inspect/replace luminaries.
- Inspect/repair doors, windows and associated furniture.
- Painting and re-decorating
- Assist engineering staff in a wide range of duties as required
- General site services; to include, sweeping and tidying.
- Undertake any tasks as designated by the Contract Manager or representative
- Maintain various records and documentation (Maintenance, Reports, Health & Safety and Quality).
- Contractual responsibility to ensure delivery of services.
- Minimum qualification of C&G L2 (ideally 3) in Plumbing
- A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills.
- Formal health and safety training.
- Good knowledge of maintenance of buildings (basic plumbing and electrics work, painting, plastering, tiling etc.)
- Customer focussed
- Sound understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations with regard to maintenance activities
- Ability to learn, and develop both technical knowledge, and understanding or local organisational systems and processes.
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
- Able to make sound decisions when needed.
- Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg.
- Able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment.
- Able to work at heights and on roofs.
- A team player, able to work with CBRE and client’s staff of all levels.
- Must be willing to work additional paid overtime and be part of a callout rota
- Good IT skills
- Holds a clean UK driving licence
All details are provided for guidance only; they do not necessarily limit the responsibilities and accountabilities of the job. Full details of employment terms are provided within offers of employment, and appropriate policies within the Company