The Birmingham Planning team is headed by Director Simon Phillips and forms part of CBRE’s national planning and development offer. The team covers a broad geography as part of the CBRE Midlands and South sub-region. Our team currently comprises six qualified town planners and we will be nine strong by summer 2021, with further growth of the team following this.
The team works on a variety of development management, strategic planning advisory, development promotion, infrastructure, and regeneration/ funding projects. The team currently advises on several high-profile large-scale planning projects, regeneration frameworks and masterplans led by private and public sector clients throughout the UK including several projects in Birmingham city centre.
You will be given the opportunity to work across the full range of development types, including residential, urban mixed use, commercial, industrial, education, public sector, and infrastructure development in a variety of brownfield and greenfield contexts.
We are looking for a qualified Planner (MRTPI or MRICS P&D) to join our growing Birmingham Planning team. The team has developed a compelling reputation in the market through its practical understanding, technical expertise and ability to deliver commercial solutions to complex planning issues.
• Provision of planning advice to external and internal clients across all sectors/ land uses in a range of brownfield and greenfield contexts.
• Supporting senior members of the team in preparing strategic and major applications or planning/ regeneration strategies, working alongside the lead Director and project manager.
• Preparation of Planning Appraisals, Statements and Evidence documents, as appropriate, including analysis of planning policy and assessment of client proposals both against policy and other considerations.
• Advising and coordinating project outputs from a range of disciplines/ professionals.
• Management, including financial management, of projects including planning applications, appraisals, land promotion etc.
• Strategic monitoring of local, regional and national planning policy and legislation.
• Professional Membership of the RTPI/ RICS (P&D).
• Dynamic, enthusiastic, flexible, and commercially astute with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong focus on own professional skills and integrity.
• Experience of working on a range of either development planning/ infrastructure/ regeneration projects preferably in the Midlands but not essential, either within the private or public sectors.
• The ability to multi-task, work to tight timescales, often under challenging circumstances, with or without direct supervision and to a high standard.
• Willingness and/ or ability to identify and nurture new business opportunities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities.
• Confident and enthusiastic team player able to work well with colleagues and clients.
• Prepared to contribute to CBRE’s wider ESG agenda’s and contribute to internal and external networks.
• Capable of financial management and responsibility for project invoicing.