CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a People Business Partner to provide coverage across the United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and delivering a people agenda/strategy that is fit for purpose in order to achieve the Divisional Business Plan, Company objectives and the protection of the CBRE brand, ensuring that the CBRE culture and behaviours are continually reinforced and developed and that line managers are fully equipped and up-skilled to meet the HR aspects of their role.
• Design and take full ownership of a Divisional Resourcing Plan to acquire the skills and behaviours needed to ensure the division has exceptional staff delivering an exceptional service
• Design and deliver a talent and succession plan for the Division ensuring there is an identifiable talent pool in place and these employees are fully enabled to fulfil roles across the Division and the wider business
• Work with Learning & Talent Development team to ensure that all Divisional employees have access to programmes that build on their current skills, allowing them to fulfil their roles to the best of their ability and to develop in readiness for future roles
• Lead initiatives to improve competence and capability of talent across the organisation, constantly driving up bench strength across the Division
• Be actively involved in developing current and future business opportunities and ensure that the Division has the skill sets to support new sectors and growth
• Work with the DMD and Leadership team as a coach, challenger, contributor and driver of important Divisional decisions
• Identify and report on the needs of the business (qualitative and quantitative) considering business growth, attrition and risk
• Translate strategy into actionable programmes, operations or activities
• Demonstrate positive engagement through HR metrics such as turnover and absence and have plans in place to improve these
Customer Service Delivery
• Develop and deliver initiatives that drive customer service, measured through the achievement of Divisional service and retention targets
• In conjunction with the DMD work with customers to monitor people and service delivery and put in place initiatives that tangibly deliver constant improvements in quality service delivery
• Provide support and expertise to the senior team to deliver effective organisational change using a range of external and internal resources
Culture & Behaviours
• Own the delivery of initiatives that constantly reinforces CBRE’s’ culture and behaviours such as; exceptional awards and communication boards
• Work with customers to make sure that their culture and CBRE’s culture are constantly demonstrated by on-site staff to deliver exceptional service
• Lead on communication, improvements to be made and strengths to build on from the outputs of employee engagement activities
• Take ownership of ER cases, trade union discussions and other areas where HR expertise is required to minimise risk to the Division
• Ensure that managers have the tools and access to advice needed to effectively manage the performance of their employees
• Own the training of all managers in the Company’s HR policies and procedures and use of HR tools so that underperformance is managed quickly and effectively
• Identify and mitigate major risks
• Be visible for managers to have easy access to assist with employee challenges or concerns
• Act as the employment legal expert and provide timely advice on matters, following-up with managers to make sure their intervention has been successful and to offer any further assistance needed
• Act as a mediation or escalation point in disputes or formal proceedings
• Create a culture of excellence and best practice which is clearly visible through the outputs of the team
• Translate business and HR MI trends to facilitate sound business decisions
Corporate Social Responsibility
• Act as the Divisional owner for CSR activity including community, ethical, diversity and equality initiatives
• Engage with clients to understand their CSR requirements and create initiatives that bring these to life locally
• Commercial awareness; Business acumen
• Ability to understand commercial and financial metrics
• Strong influencing skills; Leadership skills
• Ability to see the bigger picture
• Internal and external client management
• Networking skills
• Extensive knowledge of HR, employee relations and talent management strategies and practices at senior level
• Broad understanding of business and HR frameworks, initiatives and models
• Up to date knowledge of market and employment trends in the external environment
• Business standard of written and verbal literacy and numeracy
• CIPD certificate in Personnel Practice
• Acted as a commercially focused business partner who is a HR specialist
• Previous experience of working within a fast-paced HR environment and of TUPE
• Strong employment law/ER background
• Comfortable with making difficult and/or important decisions
• Team leadership and development
• Managing change
• Chartered CIPD Membership; CIPD certificate in Personnel Practice
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.