Purpose of the Job
To ensure the effective provision of M&E FM services in an efficient and courteous manner with a strong focus on customer care.
The ideal candidate will be able to work both independently and as part of the wider maintenance team and client operations team.
You will be fully responsible for undertaking various types of repairs and support the wider engineering team through all aspects of the M&E maintenance within an FM contract.
The role is based at TECA on a standard of 40 hour working week Monday-Friday 08:00 to 17:00
Flexibility will be required throughout the year to support the venues operations.
• Accountable to the Contract Supervisor/Contract Manager
• Contractual responsibility to ensure delivery of CBRE services.
• The post holder will not have any directly reporting staff.
• Ensure that a professional image of CBRE Managed Services is presented to clients and visitors and ensure excellence in customer service delivery.
• Ensure that your professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
• To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE Managed Services and the client.
• Provide a full range of mechanical duties.
• Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies & procedures, as well as clients site policies & procedures and working arrangements.
• Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems for both yourself and subcontracted services.
• Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
• On call, this will be part of the role, frequency TBC
• Maintain all mechanical systems and undertake PPM routines in line with SFG20 as assigned
• Maintain equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures connected to the mechanical systems as directed.
• Delivery of small works projects as instructed by the CM
• Ensure that all repairs and installations are compliant with current building regulations.
• Complete suitable risk assessments for reactive and planned maintenance tasks to ensure safe working at all times.
• Diagnose faults on equipment and repair as necessary using manufacturer's manuals and drawings as required.
• Liaise with the contract manager and contract support, to ensure appropriate response to planned and reactive tasks.
• Ensure Site Log Books are completed and updated in accordance with procedures.
• Maintain stock levels of spares as required
• Participate in an Emergency Call Out service as required in accordance with the Out of Hours Rota.
• Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of CBRE service delivery as directed by line management.
• Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
• Ensure that all reactive tasks issued are carried out to meet and exceed customer expectations within the agreed SLA’s
• Assist the wider engineering team to ensure that all planned and reactive engineering activities meet and exceed both service levels and customer expectations.
• Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
• Ensure Compliance with Safe Systems of Work including Method Statements and Risk Assessments for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices always.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
• Must have completed a recognised apprenticeship or an equivalent formal training programme and fully understand building maintenance that includes sufficient relevant practical experience to ensure competency.
• Must hold a City and Guilds or equivalent qualification.
• Previous experience working in the FM building / maintenance industry
• Good level of written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures required.
• Ability to work independently and unsupervised at times
• Excellent time management skills