CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Multi Skilled Technician (Mobile) to join the team located in Royal Pavilion, Aldershot but needing to cover alternative sites in the area. The successful candidate will apply a risk focused maintenance approach and operations of plant and systems in critical environments and General Office environments by carrying out planned preventative maintenance, reactive works to building plant, equipment and systems in accordance with agreed service levels, and respond to site engineering emergencies.
• Ensuring the efficient and effective operation, maintenance and repair of the sites M&E Plant and Equipment and Fabric Services with ability to undertake works on electrical, FGAS & heating systems for planned and reactive works where applicable
• Compliance with and record keeping for CBRE Managed Services ISO 9001/14001 Quality Management System and management of the Quality, Health, Safety + Environment responsibilities on the site
• Undertake and assist in reactive repairs to the sites M&E systems to meet Client KPI’s; prioritising and undertaking reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks to meet client KPI’s
• Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices; where necessary supervision of Specialist Service Contractors, including Induction and issuing of authority to work/permit to work as per CBRE QHSE procedures
• Formulating Risk Assessments and Method Statements and providing technical management reports as required
• Meet clients SLAs to ensure compliance and performance, covering business continuity
• Support cost-effective procurement of engineering maintenance services; operate within annual engineering budgets for the maintenance and repair of the services; provide emergency response standby, call out
• Responsibility for ensuring all critical related engineering maintenance documentation/records are kept in clearly identified and retrievable systems
• Advise the Facilities Management Team of changes in critical environment requirements
• Lead and develop a One Team approach with all CBRE staff and supply partners as part of Third-Party Contractor Management
• Liaise with the Technical Manager for UK & Ireland to support contractor management networking with other accounts to provide Best Practice and assist with the Global Continuous Improvements Programme
• Plan Statutory Compliance Maintenance and Testing and report, as required, the Statutory Compliance Audit Report to the Technical Services Manager
• Ensure all PPM’s and Critical Facility PPM’s are carried out to schedule
• Monitor and analyse environmental conditions, review the loading and working conditions of critical equipment regularly
• Respond to work interruptions, outages, or emergencies consistent with the SLA
• Liaise with the CBRE EHS specialist to always ensure audit compliance
• Ensure maintenance is carried out in line with CBRE H&S procedures, using the permit to work system where applicable and action improvements identified during the building and workplace inspections and reviews
• Escalate urgent issues identified through to the Technical Services Manager
• C&G in Elec\Mech disciplines; 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations with strong proven experience in operating and maintaining elec/mech building plant
• Recognised Apprenticeship
• IOSH or equivalent H&S training with Operational experience of managing Environmental, Health & Safety and Quality Systems
• PC literate/MS Office skills with excellent facilitation, communication skills at all levels
• Excellent Contract/Supplier Management skills and People Management skills; evidence of Excellent Customer Service Delivery
• Self-motivated, resourceful, and pro-active; confident decision maker
• Ability to undertake Electrical & Mechanical works in a building environment
• Knowledge of emergency response/standby/call out activities and protocols with understanding the monitoring of utilities and environmental programmes
• Water hygiene L8, CMMS, BMS, HVAC, FGas and Air Conditioning
• Experience as an Authorised Person to a PTW or equivalent
• 40 Hours per week, 0800 – 1630 hours, out of hours working may be required; out of hours on call rota requirement and DBS Enhanced
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.