Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions, leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management, are recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to join the team located in London.
Purpose of Job
To carry out planned preventative maintenance and reactive works to client Heating & Air-Conditioning Systems in accordance with agreed service levels
• Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all Heating & Air-conditioning plant to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
• Ensure that Evaporative Cooling Systems and Domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard.
• Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
• To carry out planned preventative maintenance and reactive works to other site plant as required.
• Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
• Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of “Frontline” task sheets.
• Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
• To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE Managed Services staff and clients staff.
• Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
• Ensure a professional image of CBRE Managed Services is presented to clients and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
• Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
• Accountable to Contract Supervisor and Area Manager.
• The post holder does not have any directly reporting staff.
• This post carries no direct budgetary responsibility
• A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills.
• Formally trained in mechanical services maintenance
• Basic skills on building management systems would be an advantage
• Formal health and safety training (Desirable)
• Experience of maintaining Pumps, Motors and Valves
• Experience of operating Cooling Towers
• Sound understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations with regard to maintenance activities
• Working on a client resident site (Desirable)
• Formally certified for Maintenance and Operation of Evaporative Cooling Systems (Desirable)
• Good verbal communication skills
• Good written English skills
• Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
• Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
• Able to make sound decisions when needed.
• Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg.
• Able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment.
• Able to work at heights and on roofs.
• A team player, able to work with CBRE Managed Services and clients staff of all levels.