CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join our successful Data Centre Solutions Team based in London. As the post holder, you will be expected to have detailed understanding of Critical Facilities/Data Centre infrastructure and as a key member of the engineering teams, you will responsible for the inspection, operation and maintenance of all associated critical assets within the Data Centre, with a primary focus on relevant mechanical asset maintenance (Planned, Reactive and Corrective)..
- Operate all Mechanical systems within the Data Centre in a competent, effective and efficient manner (including Mechanical isolations/operations). Having due regard to business risk and energy use. Making recommendations for improvement and providing concise technical reports when required.
- Working closely with the Data Centre maintenance team to ensure that all Specialist Sub Contractors visits are conducting works in line with approved Standard Operating Procedures
- Accurately reporting of all completed work orders, including precise recording of any critical spares/stock items used during these tasks.
- Attend weekly team meetings, client meetings as requested, in conjunction with CBRE management.
- Reviewing and preparing MOP’s, SOP’s and EOP’s, as well as undertaking any relevant EOP scenario drills (Mock Drills).
- Response to all Data Centre client requests within SLA.
- Actively participate in QHSE compliance activities, such as Hazard/Near Miss Reporting and regular Toolbox Talks.
- Compliance with Global Switch CEM process and procedures when undertaking all relevant work orders.
- Liaise with the supply chain, when ordering M&E components for remedial works.
- Attend nominated training courses as identified by CBRE management in line with DCS training matrix.
- Undertake Site Specific Technical Assessments and Skills Gap Analysis at intervals defined by CBRE/Global Switch.
- Work with Data Centre teams ensuring all plant rooms under CBRE control are maintained to the required show site standards.
- Evaluate and escalate any potential risks, with an assessment of impact, probable causes and mitigation opportunities.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of safe systems of work, ensuring compliance with relevant QHSE policy and procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Data Centre or Critical Environment operations.
- hanically biased
- Proactive in achieving operational excellence.
- Have good IT and report writing skills.
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and previous site experience; but not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to client approval.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and previous experience; but not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to Directors approval.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off site training for plant and systems this may require nights away from home.
- Physical Fitness
- A high level of initiative
- A smart presentable uniformed appearance
- Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions
- Enthusiasm and demonstration of pro-activity, diligence and alertness, with the willingness to participate in appropriate training schemes
- Integrity, honesty and punctuality is also expected
The above is a guideline to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required