Job Title: Data Centre Technician
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Data Centre Technician to join the team located in Exeter. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all Critical Facility PPM’s are carried out to schedule and also ensure completion of all reactive works requests.
- To deliver & ensure all Critical Facility PPM’s are carried out to schedule and also ensure completion of all reactive works requests ensuring closing and completion in line with SLA’s
- Ensure maintenance is carried out in line with CBRE H&S procedures, using the permit to work system where applicable and action improvements identified during the building and workplace inspections and reviews
- Able to apply a risk focused maintenance approach and operations of plant and systems in data centres/critical environments
- Ensuring all critical client services, computer rooms, data networks, manufacturing and revenue earning services meet client requirements
- Provide emergency response standby, call out. Escalate urgent issues. Respond to work interruptions, outages or emergencies consistent with the SLA.
- Support critical environment related technical audits as required and directed by line manager.
- Completion of records and logs required to demonstrate delivery of maintenance requirements.
- Control and supervise contractors when required.
- Raise recommendations for improvements through line manager
- Liaise with the CBRE QHS specialist to ensure audit compliance as directed by line management
- Continually communicate high priority tasks issues to end users, client and CBRE Management team
- Assist and enhance service delivery through best practice and the effective use of site systems and equipment.
- Responsibility for own technical training requirements and development program including competency assessments, critical services training and scenario training exercises
- Call out & regular paid overtime
- Self-motivated delivery of M&E tasks (both preventative and reactive)
- Knowledge of emergency response / standby/ call out activities and protocols
- H&S focused with training to support (employer-based qualifications acceptable)
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities.
- BMS Controls Experience / HVAC Experience
- Experience of operation of UPS, Standby Power and Critical Environment Cooling would be an advantage
- C&G 236 or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of Data Centres.
- Recognized Apprenticeship or equivalent
- Be or have ambition to become an Authorized Person (LV & HV)
- 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations & 2391-52 Testing & Inspection
- Working knowledge of F-Gas an advantage (F-Gas handling not required)