CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We would like to invite Engineers who have experience working within a Critical Environment or Engineers who are looking to move into Critical Environments, to join our talent pool for both current and future opportunities. As a Maintenance Engineer working for the Data Centre Solutions team you will be responsible for ensuring all Critical Facility PPM’s are carried out to schedule and also ensure completion of all reactive works requests. This may be on a day role or following a shift pattern.
- To deliver & ensure all Critical Facility PPM’s are carried out to schedule and also ensure completion of all reactive works requests ensuring closing and completion in line with SLA’s
- Ensure maintenance is carried out in line with CBRE H&S procedures, using the permit to work system where applicable and action improvements identified during the building and workplace inspections and reviews
- Able to apply a risk focused maintenance approach and operations of plant and systems in data centres/critical environments
- Ensuring all critical client services, computer rooms, data networks, manufacturing and revenue earning services meet client requirements
- Provide emergency response standby, call out. Escalate urgent issues. Respond to work interruptions, outages/emergencies consistent with SLA.
- Support critical environment related technical audits as required and directed by line manager.
- Completion of records and logs required to demonstrate delivery of maintenance requirements.
- Control and supervise contractors when required.
- Raise recommendations for improvements through line manager
- Liaise with the CBRE QHS specialist to ensure audit compliance as directed by line management
- Continually communicate high priority tasks issues to end users, client and CBRE Management team
- Assist and enhance service delivery through best practice and the effective use of site systems and equipment.
- Responsibility for own technical training requirements and development program including competency assessments, critical services training and scenario training exercises
- Fetac/QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft – Electrical OR City & Guilds 236 parts 1 & 2 (or later) 17th Edition or equivalent qualification.
- Up to date skills on building management systems, ACOP’s, fire and environmental control, building control, and health and safety.
- Experience of mission critical facilities maintaining, but not limited to, UPS systems, BMS operation, emergency standby generators, testing of electrical systems and HVAC systems.
- Proven mechanical and electrical engineering experience, undertaking reactive and planned preventative maintenance.
- Sound understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations with regard to maintenance activities
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Organised and with good written English skills.
- Good Computer skills and confident with all Microsoft packages
- Ability to learn, and develop both technical knowledge, and understanding or local organisational systems and processes.
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
- Able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg
- Able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment.
- A team player, able to work with CBRE and client’s staff of all levels.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment