Job Title: Day Engineer
Hours of work: Mon to Fri / 08:00 to 17:00
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Day Engineer to join our Data Centre Solutions team based in Corsham. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out planned preventative maintenance, reactive works to building plant, equipment and systems in accordance with agreed service levels, and respond to site engineering emergencies.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
- Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
- Ensure that Evaporative Cooling Systems and domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of task sheets.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff and clients staff.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Ensure a professional image of CBRE is presented to clients and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
- Ensure that the site is operated to a high Health & Safety standard with Engineering Excellence in mind.
- To be forth coming with initiatives in all areas of our business including Energy, Projects and Maintenance.
- A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills.
- Formally trained in electrical/mechanical maintenance.
- Experience (Essential) of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria.
- Aptitudes good verbal communication skills
- Good written English skills
- Character committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
- Able to make sound decisions when needed.
- Able to work at heights.
- Circumstances must be willing to provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.