Legal & Secretariat Administrator - Fixed Term Contract
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 7-Apr-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Role Purpose: To provide administrative support to the Company Secretary and UK Lawyers. This is an important position within a team of four that supports CBRE’s UK business, but which sits within a larger EMEA team.
Company Secretarial & General
- Maintenance of statutory registers for the UK subsidiary companies. Preparation of board minutes on an adhoc basis.
- Managing the HCue company management systems. Updating all statutory records and liaising with software providers and EMEA colleagues as required.
- Preparation and filing of confirmation statements to Companies House.
- Attending to all other filings and statutory returns for the UK subsidiary companies.
- Managing the content and layout of the UK Legal & Secretariat intranet site and the relevant Corporate Encyclopedia pages.
- Acting as Representative for Legal & Secretariat on the CBRE Encyclopedia committee.
- Administrator of the Liability Capping Proposal System.
- General office administration (arranging payment of invoices, arranging execution of legal documents, taking messages, dealing with post, photocopying, scanning, filing, arranging meetings, etc.).
- Attending adhoc meetings and taking minutes/notes as and when necessary.
- Other administrative duties to support the Company Secretary and UK Lawyers as may be required from time to time.
Insurance / Legal
- PI Insurance – Updating and maintaining claims’ files and the Legal Tracker Database System (aka Serengeti). Regular case updates necessary. Maintaining accurate accounting and invoicing records on Legal Tracker. Assisting in correspondence with Global Risk Management team, Brokers, Underwriters, Lawyers and senior points of contact within CBRE.
- Legal Tracker Database – Maintenance of matter records, including various update, document postings, invoice processing and liaising with the UK Finance team as appropriate. Liaising with the law firms as necessary.
- General Insurances – Assisting the Company Secretary with data gathering from the UK Business during renewal periods and preparing submissions to Brokers. Processing claim forms and liaising with Brokers and Insurers as required. Claim files maintenance
- NDAs / Confidentiality Agreements – Undertaking legal reviews of NDAs and providing advice and comments to the UK business teams. Supporting the Company Secretary generally on confidentiality matters. Maintaining the register of all NDAs entered into.
- Acting as Secretary to the Charitable Trustees of the CBRE UK Charitable Trust and providing administrative support for all Trust activities.
- Dealing with requests for supports, updating cashbook records, issuing donation cheques, monthly bank reconciliations, preparing for the scheduled meetings, taking minutes and dealing with the administration post-meetings.
- Well organised and excellent time management
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Able to prioritise and communicate with colleagues effectively
- Experience of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and database systems
- Good numeracy and accounting skills
- Understanding of Company Law and company management systems
- Understanding of general insurance matters
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Experience of the Legal Tracker system