Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to our client in the Health sector (hospitals and gyms).
2021 presents an exciting opportunity for CBRE and our client with the mobilisation of a brand-new Hospital Site in central London (St Bartholomew’s). CBRE are looking for a Lead Resident Engineer to support the initial mobilisation and commissioning phase of the new site before continuing to manage and deliver operational service post-handover. The Lead Engineer will manage operational delivery by ensuring that safe, compliant and effective technical performance is always achieved. This will be driven by effective management & timely completion of PPM, remedial, reactive & extra works. Pivotal to this will be providing support in responding to operational incidents and customer issues. The role will support technical standards across the business to provide a working environment that enables people to be brilliant.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Acting as a key focal point for technical, quality and safety at St Bartholomew’s.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with the client and act as a conduit for both technical and operational matters.
• Conducting regular formal inspections to ensure quality of work and optimum performance is attained.
• Supporting workflow planning and contributing to the ongoing development of cost-effective maintenance strategies through close working with the Contract Manager.
• Identify opportunities to enhance maintenance and repair operations to ensure that the most efficient solution is being provided without disruption to site operations and customers.
• Undertaking investigations and support PIR reports in relation to any operational incidents.
• Manage their PPM & Reactive works schedule to ensure all tasks are completed on time
• Lead by example liaising closely with the Helpdesk, Contract Support & Compliance teams to ensure operational excellence
• Ensure all assigned training records and certification with copies held on SharePoint are continuously updated and escalate as appropriate whenever a shortfall occurs.
• Trained ‘’Superuser’ for mobile and app technology solutions and associated workflow procedures for our CAFM systems.
• Support the Contract Manager and hold regular knowledge calls and team meetings to act as safety champion, share best practice, technical guidance, Safe systems of work (SSOW) and Toolbox talks and wider Nuffield standards.
• Monitor supplier performance and ensure PPMs are completed within time and Risk assessments and method statements are completed and are fit for purpose.
• Undertake regular site inspections and safety walks as directed to ensure that all technical aspects and documentation are compliant, and any asset deficiencies reported through the correct channels.
• Actively contribute to asset strategy, maintenance strategy and life cycle planning, ensuring that asset performance is optimized, risks are identified and escalated as required.
• Identify key areas of business risks and collate in the business risk register to enable mitigation and informed business decision to be made.
• Ensure that site services documentation, O&M manuals and drawings are available for operational teams, are stored appropriately and teams are made aware of their existence and location.
• Manage job queues for planned, remedial and reactive workflow and analyse site performance and identify the change initiatives required to deliver high performance, removing the potential for job failures.
• Act as first line response to technical issues, where appropriate liaises with operational colleagues throughout the incident to ensure full resolution. Provides reports after each incident to capture root cause and ensure that any wider business impact is communicated and acted upon.
• Provides regular updates and written reports to the Contract or Compliance Manager as required.
• Play a leading part in specialist community groups, Electrical, Water, Combustion and FGas as appropriate.
• Develop collaborative relationships with key framework suppliers to ensure delivery against contractual and commercial commitments. Check RA/MS, contractor safety procedures, review service reports, audit the works and support Contract Support in reviewing quotes to ensure best value for money is attained.
• Supports HSE policy on safe systems of work by regularly monitoring POWRA, permit to work arrangements related to technical aspects of safe working including, but not limited to, working at height, electrical safety, confined spaces, pressure systems, mechanical services, combustion and FGas systems.
• Monitors HSE performance of work activities under their control, and takes appropriate and timely action to control risks, escalate issues they cannot resolve and promote positive HSE behaviours to all stakeholders.
• Comply with business continuity plans and support the roles of First aider, BICs and Fire warden duties.
• Acts in accordance with Health & Safety, statutory requirements, industry standards and our clients Health quality standards, processes and procedures.
• Essential - Experience in operating with Infrastructure, buildings and assets services. Must have experience of technical operations.
• Essential – Served a recognized apprenticeship or equivalent and qualified to minimum C&G level 3 technical certificate or equivalent in electrical or mechanical engineering.
• PASMA Certificate
• IPAF Certificate
• A good communicator who can translate complex technical matters into understandable language to suit a variety of audiences.
• A proven track record in driving front line technical operations with the ability to implement and manage complex technical maintenance and repair operations.
• A thorough understanding of health and safety in the FM services environment and related permit to work processes.
• The ability to undertake M&E and fabric building surveys, appraisals of properties and produce high quality reports.
• Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of how to support service delivery teams in delivering customer excellence.
• Good commercial awareness and understanding of financial cost books related to operational services.
• Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to prioritize workloads.
• Ability to work under pressure and direct teams.
• Holder of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) Managing Safely or an equivalent Health and Safety certificate eg. NEBOSH
• Conversant with Microsoft Office suite; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• An experienced Technical lead who has a full understanding of FM infrastructure and the technical services that supports it.