CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an EMEA Health and Safety Manager to join the team located in the United Kingdom (flexible, preferably the South)
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and managing HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) programs relative to the account and provide direction and effective leadership of all HSE related matters that will underpin both CBRE’s and our client’s vision for a safe workplace for all.
• Overall responsibility, accountability, and compliance of the account H&S, making sure staff are aware of the importance and follow CBRE safety protocols
• Manage HSE programs and initiatives to meet regulatory requirements and HSE needs of the account
• Develop and oversees HSE plans, playbooks, and procedures for the account and ensure information is current, complete, and effectively implemented
• Evaluate new and existing programs to assess suitability and the need for changes
• Advise account members on all aspects of Health & Safety
• Monitor injury, illness, and incident related performance within the account, market area, or other assigned area of responsibility
• Monitor performance for trends or other indicators of improving or degrading incident performance and develop and implement strategic solutions that will improve the performance results as required
• Implement practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety culture and safe working practices in the workplace
• Elect and set up H&S representative meetings as per statutory requirements
• Conduct/organise relevant health and safety training for staff as required, including first aid and fire safety
• Assist with developing risk assessments as required by legislation and review at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same
• Conduct & carryout internal and compliance audits of all client sites; report on findings and manage issue log through to completion
• Co-ordinate and manage first aid and fire safety representatives for all client sites
• Recommend & implement control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees
• Carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms
• Advise and investigate all incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R
• Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports and documents as required
• Identify areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance; arrange such training/certification once identified
• Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and implement such changes where relevant
• Bring to the attention of the account Leadership Team any relevant new legislation
• Attend such courses/seminars run by external sources to enable accurate interpretation of legislation to enable implementation within the organisation
• Liaise with the FMs and Facilities Co-ordinator to establish contractor health & safety procedures
• Immediately contact the account Leadership Team if situations are found, that in the opinion of the H&S Manager, require immediate rectification or the stopping of any operation
• The intention is to use CBRE platform support in all countries outside the UK, however there must be a willingness to travel throughout the region if deemed necessary as well as:- Schedule audits and site visits; quality control on reports produced by in country platforms; ensure follow up actions are completed to the required standard; sign off on all completed audits and actions
• Hold a Chartered Accountant qualification (or equivalent)
• IOSH Member (Preferably working towards Chartered status)
• NEBOSH Qualification – Dip 2 Minimum
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience
• A willingness to travel to client sites within UK and to travel throughout the EMEA region if deemed necessary
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.