Head of Projects, Data Centre Solutions - London
To manage a team of experienced project managers, having overall responsibility for project delivery, sales/service delivery and P&L. Must have extensive industry knowledge and a strong sales background. The suitable candidate will also provide leadership, management and the development of project opportunities. To ensure projects are secured and then delivered to meet time and budget requirements and to meet or exceed client expectations.
• Provide leadership in identifying and specifying project opportunities and in delivering contractual commitments on secured projects.
• Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of projects are exploited to deliver increased turnover and profitability.
• To deliver projects to completion on time and on budget and to the satisfaction of all parties, expectations to be exceeded wherever possible.
• To identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
• Ensure compliance with CBRE project management policies and procedures.
• Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both CBRE and subcontractors activities and are regularly reviewed on each and every project. This will include the timely delivery of a Health and Safety file for the works and full compliance with CDM regulations.
• To build strong relationships with subcontractors, in particular preferred suppliers, to ensure cost effective solutions which meet our quality expectations and can be delivered to our clients whilst managing the risk and ensuring back to back terms and conditions.
• Working with other operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the projects business with effective team working and support of colleagues.
• Development of project financial plans for revenue and profit delivery.
• Ensure positive cash flow through the up front agreement of a relevant payment schedule and the submission of timely invoices/applications of payment. Ensuring all debt is controlled below 60 days.
• Manage the delivery of projects within agreed budget requirements with the target to maximise profit through cost reductions and better buying of subcontractor services.
• Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
• Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts and the CBRE site teams/managers to identify and win project opportunities.
• Promoting and maintaining the core Values of CBRE.
• Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other applications as appropriate.
• Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong project experience in the data centre (or critical environments) industry.
• Proven experience of selling/pitching for new project work.
• Proven experience of managing project managers.
• Must have extensive industry knowledge and a strong sales background.